Heamatoma in gestational sac?

jemlou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well the rollercoaster just doesn't seem to want to come to a stop yet!!!!

I went for my private scan today and the good news is I have one beautiful (ok can't really tell that part yet!) little baby, with a perfect little heartbeat!!!! The sonographer measured it and says I am actually 9w1d, which is one day more than I thought but 2 days more than the midwife thinks!
The not so good news is that my baby is sharing its gestational sac with, what the lady believes is a heamatoma!! she said she has never seen one of these before so I need to seek further advice from my midwife, well she only works 3 days a week so not sure when I am going to get hold of her. I did ring the maternity section at my hospital and spoke to a midwife there (at least I assume she was a midwife, she didn't actually say!!) and she has told me just to wait and see what happens and not to worry!!!! Easier said than done at the moment!!!
I am going to ring my midwife tomorrow morning but just wondered if anyone else has had this?

a friend of mine had the same, only found out cos she had a little bit of bleeding so got an early scan, but it turns out that the haematoma can be re absorbed by the body and doesnt cause any ill effects, hers has gone now and shes a healthy 20 weeks along and baby is doing just fine, hope that puts your mind at ease

Wanted to send big :hugs: sorry no real advice though...

This link seems to tell all about it.

https://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnancy-issues-1007/2008/3/hematoma-1.htm

I have had the same and it has slowly resolved. If a fetal heart is seen, your risk of problems drops dramatically - trust in the midwives :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->