Hearing hb with stethoscope?

amc90

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been able to hear their baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope? I'm 16 weeks and 5 days. I'm a RN and pressed my stethoscope to my left lower side and was able to find what sounded like a "woo-a-woo-a-woo." I tried moving it to other parts of my abdomen and wasn't able to find it anywhere else. Maybe it's just the placenta?

I tried once at about 16 weeks ish and could only hear placenta, will try again soon. I saw my midwife on tuesday i have a better idea of how baby is laying now. Dont think it helped that i wasn't showing when i tried before

I have never tried this, but my parents who were total [irresponsible] hippies and never received ultrasounds or any prenatal care for their babies used this method to hear the baby's heartbeat in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

I was chasing the baby around with my stethoscope last night and got a good hard kick. I guess that's what I was hearing after all!

I tried once at about 16 weeks ish and could only hear placenta, will try again soon. I saw my midwife on tuesday i have a better idea of how baby is laying now. Dont think it helped that i wasn't showing when i tried before

16 weeks might be too soon but what kind of stethoscope do you have? I can't hear lung sounds clearly with my some of my coworkers' so it might depend on the stethoscope.

I have a Littman cardiology 3 so it's only really meant for heart sounds rather than other noises. Baby gave ot a good kick though it bounced! i read somewhere that the baby's back has to be facing outwards to hear heartbeat through a stethoscope, not sure mine is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->