Heart palpitations and ovulation?

mybabydreams

One pink, one blue
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I have always suffered with heart palpitations (it seems to run in the family). There is nothing wrong, and I dont think it is particularly anxiety based. I have noticed it does seem to happen on and around Ovulation though.
I know for a fact that I ovulated yesterday, and today I have had it on and off all day! I dont have chest pain or anything, just a fluttery feeling in my heart, which radiates up into my throat (if that makes sense).
Does anyone else get this? I tried googling and saw a couple of sites about menopause and thought I would leave that there, before I convinced myself that that was the cause!
Any advice or anybody who know what this is, I would greatly appreciate it xxx

I get the same feeling -- fluttery in the chest and going up to my throat. I too don't think it's caused by anxiety, but rather causes ME to have anxiety because it feels like my heart is racing and I cannot relax! How can you rest when your body's acting like it's excited about something... right? It drives me nuts! And I have started noticing it's only towards the latter half of my cycle; but I think it's more when I get my other PMS symptoms (like a week after O). Plus, I crave caffeine when I'm having PMS, which makes palpitations worse. That's just me though!

Thank-you thank-you thank-you!!!!! I really thought it might just be me!
You are exactly right. I dont feel anxious before it happens, but when it does I feel a bit twitchy and on edge, because although it doesnt make me feel ill, I dont seem to be able to settle with it going on!
Im wondering if it is to do with progesterone, since it seems to be linked to the TWW? I have also found it to be more prevalent since I quit BC in September last year, so I can only think that it has to be hormone related somehow!
It feels so much better to know that I am not the only one, or worse, imagining it! Would love to hear if anyone knows the scientific reason for it??
xxx

it was my 1st sign of pregnancy this time round at about 5dpo and is linked to the increased progesterone, GL :)

Thank you! Im only 1DPO, so I dont think it is a pregnancy symptom for me but maybe it is a sign that my hormones are doing all they can incase of pregnancy! Fingers crossed anyway! x

Yes, Since stopping birth control a year ago is when I started noticing it too! Must be hormone related. Stupid hormones. Glad to know someone else is like me too! LOL I used to try so many things to get rid of it... but nothing works... so I just sit through it now. Have you ever checked your heart rate when it's happening? Mine's usually about 105-110. So not crazy abnormal but enough to be super annoying. And it would last anywhere from 10 minutes to 2-3 hours.

congratulations!!!!!!
no i havent measured my heartrate. i think its probably pretty fast though! im not sure if it is worse today because yesterday was my first o since my emc last cycle. it took me ages to o and i think i might b in hormonal overdrive, which is why it is worse than usual!
regardless, it is a pain in bum having to deal with it each tww! x
xx

OMG YES! The 14th of every month without fail I get a pain under my left breast or heart palpitations and yes I'm ovulating today whilst having the symptoms. I thought I was crazy glad to see I'm not he only one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->