Heart palpitations! Freaking me out!

jadza

Reaction score
Has anyone experianced heart palpitations while being pregnant?? My doctor says its normal about 50 percent of pregnant women get them. I have aome days I have alot and then I'll go a week or so without any. I had something simular when I was pregnant with DD but I was 30weeka plus and it went in overdrive while in labor. But eventually it all disapeared after having her. This pregnancy it started at about 7weeks and Im now 16 weeks and its still happening. *sigh* its so freaky, just need to know bub and I will be ok. (P.s. they did heaps of tests on me after my daughter and there is nothing structuraly wrong with my heart or anything)

I get palpitations sometimes and it's more frequent when I'm pregnant. I've also had a lot of testing done (my Mother has a heart condition that was picked up when she was pregnant). Not entirely sure what causes it, maybe it's the extra blood volume?

Yeah thats one of the theories. Do they freak you out or are you just used to them?

The high progesterone levels cause palpitations, I get them too. Could also happen with low blood sugar. It's really nothing to worry about especially if you've been checked out.

I've had heart palpitations since I was a child but they have definitely been more pronounced since pregnancy, especially when I'm laying flat.

Yeah thats one of the theories. Do they freak you out or are you just used to them?

It's made me nervous a couple of times when I've had a lot close together, especially with my Mam's heart problems but I'm reassured that it's all been checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->