Heart Palpitations?

L

llamedos

Anyone know much about them? I have been getting them for about a week - seems to be on an evening, but maybe that's because I am on the go all day and so don't notice them.

It's hard to describe, almost like a hard fluttering in my chest. Hubby thinks I should go to the docs, but I can't see what I can tell them - surely if it isn't happening while I am there then there is nothing for them to check?

Any suggestions?

I have them with anxiety. There can be other motives though, and you always have to have yourself checked out to make sure its not some sort of heart problem. However, the most common cause is anxiety. Hope you find out soon XXX

best to get checked they can run a 24 hr ecg blood test or just a ecg if thers a problem they will show on the ecg or in the test most of the time it could be down to anixety
low iron,thyriod, or another underlying problem

x

could be just stress and exhaustion hun xx ol and too much caffeine too xx

Don't think it would be caffeine, I rarely drink coffee etc, but it could definitely be stress. I ended up in hospital on saturday night as I was getting pains radiating through my arm (my right arm), but it turned out to be a trapped nerve! There is a history of heart problems in my family, and they were concerned that if my heart was on the wrong side, it could indicate a heart attack ... eeeek!! ....

I'm due an asthma review in the next couple of weeks, so I am going to mention it then :)

I have them with anxiety. There can be other motives though, and you always have to have yourself checked out to make sure its not some sort of heart problem. However, the most common cause is anxiety. Hope you find out soon XXX

me too :flower:

I'm a coronary care nurse and see some patients with palps, most of them aren't anything sinister, things like anxiety, too much caffeine, alcohol etc....If your potassium and magnesium levels are too low or too high sometimes it can cause problems with heart rythms, you'd need a blood test to identify that and an ECG. Sometimes people have AF (not aunt flo - atrial fibrillation), fairly common rythm, people who have chronic known AF can be treated with warfarin (as there is a risk of clots). Some people have AF intermittently and can feel palps when they go into it.

I'm not saying its any of these things i'm just saying what i've seen in the past.

I would say if you are in the slightest bit worried go back and get checked out especially if there is a history of heart problems in the family. x

I've had the sensation that my heart was beating really hard in my chest sometimes, it seems to have calmed down a lot since I cut out caffeine and I quit smoking, but it does worry me sometimes, think I should get it seen to but don't want to feel like I'm wasting the doctors time if it turns out to be nothing and I'm just being paranoid lol :wacko:

I'm 20 and have been having heart palpitations for over a year! Mine feel like it's skipping beats rather than heavy beats. I went and had an ECG and a 24 hour thing and bloods taken and there was nothing wrong! I was worried cuz my sister has a heart murmur. I notice the palps more when ive been running, am overly worried or in a new situation, even though Im fit and healthy!
Thought I'd let you know that they're usually harmless :) xx

Ugh, I'm totally struggling with these right now....

I was getting them all weekend, so yesterday I decided to count them and I got up to about 30 skipped beats throughout the day and had my hubby drag me to the ER!

They did an EKG and monitored me and ran some blood. They saw the skips on the EKG (about 11 of them showed up on the monitor), and they were just PVCs, or benign palpitations. The Dr. told me it was nothing, and I could have up thousands a day and it would still be okay. :eek:

I'm trying not to worry about them but it's so hard. I'm going in to my GP tomorrow about them as well. I have anxiety anyways, and this is not helping!

Many reasons, but smoking is one of them. Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms include heart palpitations, anxiety and panic attacks. It may be, but it is worth a try, plus a month's time to see how you feel. Absorption of oral spray and sublingual tablets is far better than ordinary supplement.

Have you been stressed at all through the week? I've experienced heart palpitations during times of stress/sorrow: ie. Mom in the hospital, death in the family.
It would happen for several days and make me more worried, because my heart was doing silly things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->