Heart Problems & Pregnancy

ermie77

Reaction score
I had congenital heart problems (hole in my heart) which wasn't fixed until I was 17 as no-one picked up on it. When I had my operation they noticed that I also have a leaky mitral valve which will need fixing in the future.
Due to fact my hole wasn't picked up, the left hand side of my heart is now enlarged and my heart doesn't work properly. I have been signed off work since July 2011 due to Chronic Fatigue but it now looks like it's heart failure instead. The problem is I am also 20 weeks pregnant.

My cardiologist wants to start me on water tablets as she thinks I have water retention due to my fizzing legs, blotchy hands and fatigue, which should then help my heart out and see me again in 10 weeks. Looking on the internet (I know - may have panicked myself further!) there aren't any advisable for pregnant women, but they all state only to be given if the risk to the mother outweighs the risk to the child. So I have two main questions "what would happen to me if I don't take them?" & "what would happen to my child if I do?". After all the stress and then relief of going through CVS I now find myself in another situation where I could potentially harm my child.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->