Heart racing

Dana_Scully

Zachary's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi girls! I'm almost 19 weeks pregnant and my heart has been racing a lot. When I walk, when I sit and even when I lie down. I don't have trouble breathing, but it's really exhausting. It beats hard and fast. I read it could be normal. Does anyone else have this? 😧

have you had a blood test recently? I had similar symptoms at 26 weeks I was anaemic

The last ones I had were at 11 weeks and all was good. My heart rate is 88 in a minute. Apparently up to 90 is normal for pregnant women. Still very uncomfy though. 😥

I had this when pregnant, actually 60-100bpm is normal, pregnant or not. Over 100 can be normal when pregnant too. Mine went to 137bpm resting and I wasn't overweight, no other health concerns, and all testing came back normal. I just have a fast heart.

My normal resting heart rate when not pregnant is around 80bpm so I don't even consider that to be "racing" - it's literally bang in the centre of the normal range.

I have this same problem!! Throughout the day randomly i'll all of a sudden feel my heart pounding in my chest, hard and fast. When i check my heart rate it's usually around 115-120. I called the doctor worried and the nurse told me it was normal, but to keep an eye on the symptoms. If it's happening at the same time every day or after certain activities, or if it is completely random. She also said that if it's lasting longer than 10-15 minutes at a time to let them know. Last thing they told me to do was to watch to see if i started having other symptoms along with it, and if I was having other symptoms they would want to see me for it.

I think mine is tied to anxiety or stress. I've noticed it happens sometimes after all that I have done is think about something that stresses me out. Other times it seems completely random.

My heart rate goes up so much when I'm pregnant. Sometimes, especially in second tri, I can feel it in my chest, just pounding and racing. For me, it's just the normal blood pressure changes caused by the extra blood flow.

Increased blood volume and weight gain during pregnancy are to blame. I get this all the time, and I'm not anemic. Actually I'm the opposite... I'm a bleeder. Even small cuts look like someone knifed me (sorry for the tmi) because my iron levels are so good, yet I get out of breath just by walking from the front door to the car. I gain a lot of weight during pregnancy and it is a burden to carry around so I blame that more than anything. All your energy is going to making that baby, leaving very little for you. It is a pain but it'll go away once you have the baby and much of that weight melts off.

I'm getting this too! Seems to be worse when I sit or lie down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->