Heart rate 92 at 16 weeks???

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I was listening on my Doppler and bubs hr dipped to 92. I left it a few hours and it's now around 140. My mw is forever scolding me for using my Doppler and seems to think it was my hr I heard. It was not.

Could this be nornal? I've since then felt 3 big twirls as if baby has rolled over so surely he/she is fine??

You don't know either way. The only way to be sure if baby is okay or not okay is to get a professional to check. I did have a Doppler, but mines didn't record a specific heart rate. If there is a different pattern of movement, get it checked.

Triage won't see me and my mw thinks I'm being silly. I've only started feeling movement so there's no pattern. The dip just scared me even tho it's picked bk up xx

I don't find my Doppler very accurate for the HB at all. It just jumps all over the place. And whenever I've been in for professional monitoring, babies HR has been higher than my Doppler ever says! I've never really trusted it, I just use it to have the occasional listen for my own enjoyment!

Honestly, baby was probably just in an odd position and the Doppler wasn't picking up it up very accurately! Sounds like it's back to expected now!

If it's the number on the screen you're referring to, ignore it. Time and count the beats yourself and it'll likely be just fine. If you're getting such a difference in readings it could be that sometimes you're getting sound waves from the placenta. If baby is moving fine I wouldnt worry, dopplers can be more stress than help sometimes.

maybe it was the cord and not the heartbeat... there is a difference.. babys position can make it hard to read, if anything is in the way it wont work as well.. there are many things that could make it inaccurate. I wouldnt worry honestly.. I have been using my doppler for 3 pregnancies, 4 months straight for this baby and I know sometimes I dont get a good reading and its lower then its higher..simply means the first reading wasnt good. Cord is more of a fast whooshing sound, heartbeat is the galloping.

Mine dipped the other day when I was listening to it, after asking dr google a lot of people seemed to experience it and some suggested it might have been the baby laying on the cord or something for a second?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->