Heart rate monitor! What brand do you own? Would you recommend it to others?

hakunamatata

Mommy to Ariana & Robert
Reaction score
As the title says...

Heart rate monitor! What brand do you own? Would you recommend it to others?

Thanks!

I recently got one like a month ago-- as I wanted to see if my excercise classes and other workouts I was doing was accurate (calories burned). And, tbh, it really was- I was able to look up most classes online and see what someone my weight should be burning during the class- and I was within 10-20 calories for each class based on my estimation (Power, Zumba and Step)... what I did find out is that the elliptical machines at the gym were not accurate- lol... too bad too, cause they said I burned more calories than I actually did?! Oh well... so for that, and walks and other things like biking etc... it was nice to have.

I got the Scosche Rythm-- and then dowloaded their recommended app. And so far it's been good-- I didn't want a chest strap personally. This one goes on your forarm. My ONLY issue- is that, for the first time the other day, it kept reading my HR wrong? Switching back and forth from 'resting' to 'active' and not taking a good reading? I don't know why- it's only happened the one time... but if it continues I'll return it. Then again, i'm not sure if it's the HR monitors issue or the app I use? It's compatible with other apps- so I might give that a go first to see...

Sorry no better advise. I asked the same ? on her months back and didn't get many responses... so hopefully this one helps. I'd check AMazon too for reviews :)

I got a polar chest strap one that you pair with a free app on your phone. I've only used it a couple of times, but it is easy to use. I was logging 173 calories in mfp before I got it when I was doing the 30 day shred, but when I used the hrm it actually said I'd burned something like 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->