heart rate musings

Torsornin

Reaction score
mind you I am not panicked at all.. just musing

A friend lent me a doppler. So I have been listening for the HR - Not sure if I heard it tonight - thought I am inclined to think not. I am fairly thin, but my uterus is retroverted and S shaped so I know my babies heart beat is going to be harder to find till later on in the pregnancy. Which brings me to what my babies HR should be.
At 7+1 (measuring) the babies HR was 161 I thought nothing of it, knew that was an OK # that was good enough for me. So tonight I heard a HR of 140 (again not sure it was the babies) so I started looking up how much a fetus HR varies. And here is what I found

5 Weeks (Beginning) 80-85 bpm
5 Weeks starts at 80 and ends at 103 bpm
6 Weeks starts at 103 and ends at 126 bpm
7 Weeks starts at 126 and ends at 149 bpm
8 Weeks starts at 149 and ends at 172 bpm
9 Weeks 155-195 bpm (average 175 bpm)
12 Weeks 120-180 bpm (average 150 bpm)

so according to these parameters at 7 weeks mine was measuring a bit high.( I PROMISE I am not panicked about this) I wonder if that means my pregnancy is further along than the dr estimated. If I am measuring a bit small (which doesnt panic me as my hubby was a VERY tiny baby at term - and very small runs in his family)

Or does it mean absolutely nothing :D
Personally - I thought I was a week further on than what the dr measured me as

for another fun, this is yet another sign I am having a girl (I know this was debunked) but another fun gender predictor

Mine is about 175 at the mo, which could mean girl by the old wives tail and Chinese pregnancy calendar says girl too, so I'm excited to see lol x

Mine was 116 at 6+3 and 155 at 8+6 [though baby measured one day ahead at both appts]. Doctor said both were completely normal hbs for that range even though I was worried it was very low! I'm excited/nervous to see what it will be Wednesday at my 11+1 appt. There is such a large range of "normal" when it comes to this stuff!

My boys was always around 140-145 but its normal to go up at times of high activity.

Doppler display screen on an at home doppler isn't accurate this early on, so unless your counting the beats I wouldn't worry about the read out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->