Heart Shaped Uterus

Lilly410

Reaction score
Hi there ladies,
Has anyone here got a heart shaped uterus and has gone on to have a successful pregnancy? Would love some inspiration!
Lilly:flower:

Hi there ladies,
Has anyone here got a heart shaped uterus and has gone on to have a successful pregnancy? Would love some inspiration!
Lilly:flower:

heart-shaped uterus, known as bicornuate uterus, trying to conceive nd going on to labor and delivery has in some cases been problematic. uterus that has a top that is split into two different cavities is more likely to cause issues during pregnancy, labor and delivery. So, if you have a heart-shaped uterus and continue to struggle to get pregnant, there is probably some other fertility issue going on that is causing your difficulties. It would be best to talk to your doctor about this.

Women with a heart-shaped uterus are more likely to have difficulties after they become pregnant.

-Risk for re-current miscarriage goes up in women with a heart-shaped uterus. The reproductive potential for women with bicornuate uterus is measured by the live birth rate, which has been estimated at 63% for these women.

-Women with a bicornuate uterus have a 15-25% chance of preterm delivery. This can be very dangerous for the baby’s survival, especially if the mother goes into labor before the baby is fully developed.

-In a partial bicornuate uterus 40-50% of all babies present as breech (feet first) during labor and delivery. Women with a complete bicornuate uterus had 0% breech presentation. Breech presentation increases potential complications for labor and delivery for the mother and child. Babies presenting breech are considered slightly higher risk and may end up in cesarean section.

- Higher risk of cervical incompetence. If cervical incompetence is present, a cervical cerclage may be necessary. A cervical cerclage is where the cervix is stitched closed at a certain point in the pregnancy, usually during the second trimester. The cerclage is then taken out at the end of pregnancy in preparation for labour and birth.
Eating a wholefood nutrient dense diet. Walking and Fertility Yoga are two of the best ways to maintain uterine health and position.

Self Fertility Massage and Mayan Abdominal Massage: This type of massage helps to maintain proper alignment of the uterus, increase and maintain healthy circulation, helps to promote a healthy menstrual cycle, maintain strength of uterine muscles, and support proper hormonal balance.

Herbs: There are many herbs specific as uterine tonics that help the uterus to slightly contract to help maintain muscle tone of the uterus. Herbs that are uterine tonics that have been shown safe for daily use prior to ovulation are; Raspberry leaf and Evening Primrose Oil nd maca.

I have one. The complications depend on how much the uterus is incorrectly shaped. Apparently mine is slight so I was told I shouldn't have problems.

I know of someone with one, she had one fine pregnancy and one born at 30 weeks, so it is possible

I have one. Carried DS to almost 41 weeks. Had lots of extra tests, but nothing went wrong, thankfully...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->