heartbeat, but slow...

Fellowes79

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I had my first ultrasound yesterday (7wks according to LMP) because I had some spotting. We saw the baby and the heartbeat, but the heart beat was in the mid 80s to mid 90s. My doctor said she likes to see it higher than that, so i have to go back next week for a follow up ultra sound. Scared out of my mind. Anyone experience this?

Yes, and everything turned out fine. It's still really early in the development. I'm no doctor, so I hope to not give false hope, but from experience everything was okay.

Good luck with the next scan. I'm sure everything is fine hun x

I went for a scan at 6 week 5 days and was told hb was 80 and had to come back a week later for a check up. 7 week 5 days and the hb was 171. Please try not to worry, the heart has only started beating and will get faster as it grows. Even if your dates are off by a few days it could make a huge difference. Good luck and relax, I know it's hard xxx

Thank you so much. I'm still spotting but I'm hoping it's from the pelvic exam and ultrasound yesterday late afternoon. As I'm sure you all know, once you see the heartbeat it makes it so real and I just feels so helpless since there is nothing I can do to protect my little heart right now. Positive thoughts for the next week!

Update in case anyone is frantically googling about low heart rates. Went in for my follow up ultra sound today... All is well! Baby is measuring on time and heart rate is up in the 160s. :) So don't stress (easier to say now!) babies and pregnancies are not an exact science!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->