heartbroken please help

Swisha33

Reaction score
Hi,
I am 38 yrs old I am seeing a fertilitist my gyno sent me because I have not had a period in a year. So far had all the blood and 3 sonos. nothing is blocked they gave me a shot and a round of birth control still no period. Today he told me my hormones are low and looks like going into menopause. I have great ins. they will cover everything but finding a donor. does anyone know a ballpark fee of what this costs? also if i was to use a donor should i try to implant 3 eggs my Dr. said he wont do anymore than 3. has anyone been through this and if so did it take right away? Dr. said it's a 95% success rate? I don't want to try for 1 baby and have it fail it will break my heart.

thanks ladies N N.Y.C.:cry::cry:

/

I don´t have any answers for you but didn´t want to read and run. Are you in the states or Europe. A friend of mine had her twins with donor egg at a clinic in Barcelona. If oyu want prices most of the clinics put a general price list on their web sites. 95% seems very high as I know IVF has a much lower success rate than that. Maybe it is a good idea to look for a second opinion.
Sorry I can´t help more stay strong and I have my fingers crossed for you!

((Hugs))

I have a friend that has a son through donor eggs here in the states. Her RE was able to get her in the right direction with an agency that arranges all of that. She actually flew out of state to do the process quicker. In our state, she would have been on a waiting list for 2 years, but out of state, it was only a 9 month time frame.

Unfortunately, the out of pocket costs was a staggering $30,000 for a single fresh cycle. She did not get pregnant with that cycle. She later used the frozen embryos from her first cycle, (frozen is a fraction of the cost) and now has a 3 year old son, who oddly looks just like her!

She also looked into a program called embryo sharing. This is where you basically split the cost of IVF with another couple and you get half of the resulting embryos. They decided try donor eggs prior to this because they wanted their baby to be biologically related to her husband, and they weren't interested in sharing their own embryos.

2 years ago, they had exhausted all of their frozen embryos and did end up going for FET with embroys from the sharing program. That cycle sadly failed as well.

Good luck. I can't imagine how intimidating this must be for you.

Am so sorry for wot u are going thru and I hope u get some answers soon,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I don´t have any answers for you but didn´t want to read and run. Are you in the states or Europe. A friend of mine had her twins with donor egg at a clinic in Barcelona. If oyu want prices most of the clinics put a general price list on their web sites. 95% seems very high as I know IVF has a much lower success rate than that. Maybe it is a good idea to look for a second opinion.
Sorry I can´t help more stay strong and I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you Natsby I am in NYC THIS is so confussing all I know is my Dr. said I am in early menopause and would have to use a donnor than implant i guess that's ivf into me. he said it is a 95% better chance that would work than to keep giving me shots that will probally not work and run out my ins. coverage. this is so confussing . thank u for replying back

((Hugs))

I have a friend that has a son through donor eggs here in the states. Her RE was able to get her in the right direction with an agency that arranges all of that. She actually flew out of state to do the process quicker. In our state, she would have been on a waiting list for 2 years, but out of state, it was only a 9 month time frame.

Unfortunately, the out of pocket costs was a staggering $30,000 for a single fresh cycle. She did not get pregnant with that cycle. She later used the frozen embryos from her first cycle, (frozen is a fraction of the cost) and now has a 3 year old son, who oddly looks just like her!

She also looked into a program called embryo sharing. This is where you basically split the cost of IVF with another couple and you get half of the resulting embryos. They decided try donor eggs prior to this because they wanted their baby to be biologically related to her husband, and they weren't interested in sharing their own embryos.

2 years ago, they had exhausted all of their frozen embryos and did end up going for FET with embroys from the sharing program. That cycle sadly failed as well.

Hi Ready,

I m in NYC all i was told was i would have to find a donnor or a family member which he said is usually cheaper. he gave me a list of agencies they told me i have to give them a retainer of $150 and whatever donnor i choose depending on how many eggs i would want is ballpark of $3,000 each. this is so confussing my head is spinning
thanks for ure help

((Hugs))

Hi Ready,

I m in NYC all i was told was i would have to find a donnor or a family member which he said is usually cheaper. he gave me a list of agencies they told me i have to give them a retainer of $150 and whatever donnor i choose depending on how many eggs i would want is ballpark of $3,000 each. this is so confussing my head is spinning
thanks for ure help

I just had a patient this week that delivered with donor eggs.
She went to New York as well and went to Rochester to get the eggs. Apparently she said it was a fraction of the cost at $10,000, all inclusive. She was young, at 32, but IVF took on the first try!

I'm sure it's confusing, just take one day at a time.
Good luck on your baby search.

https://www.rmia.com/pages/fina_eggdonor.asp

Here is a link to a fertility center where I live (Minnesota). This is just for the donor program financials part of it, but the website also provides information on their IVF "shared risk" program which means that if IVF doesn't work, then you only pay 25% of the cost it would normally be.

Sorry you are going through this!:hugs:

Thank you so much and to everyone It's unreal how much this costs. i am going to look up the site

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->