Heartburn!! oh how i hate you

Mocha_Baby XD

Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D
Reaction score
Before bed i got heart burn so i was tossing and turning all night changing positions trying to get some relief. This morning it was gone so i was like yay! after i ate my morning cereal it came back again!:nope: anyone else suffering too? =(

Me!

I got a prescription for pantaprazole for it today though. Can't wait to start taking it tomorrow... it'll be so lovely to be able to eat like normal again without feeling like I swallowed a burning match. Blech.

Are you taking anything for it?

Not yet =(, it hasn't been so bad but since I've hit 23 weeks ouch lol. I think I'm going to have to pick something up from the chemist never had it so bad in my life =P

Omeprazole is safe to take. I don't know about Australia, but you can buy it over the counter around here. :flower:

I feel your pain though... I just got a flare up (probably from the OJ I drank earlier :dohh:) and I kind of want to cry... so unpleasant! I keep scolding Baby with, "Aw c'mon sweetie! You've gotten be nice to mommy... I'm doing the best I can here!" :haha:

Yes me too, big time. It hits me most when I'm doing anything where I need to bend over or at bedtime. I have a glass of milk beside me every night (and Tums) and that seems to help. It's getting worse as I've woken myself up a couple of times with stuff coming back up :( sorry if tmi. Not fun at all. I also make sure I'm on an incline when I go to sleep.

feeling your pain! its awful! everything i eat or drink seems to trigger it off :( have been glugging gaviscon and went to see GP and ask if he'd prescribe me something but he said no!! I went to tesco and bought some ranitidine (£1) that and soda water are the only things that seem to help xxx

I am miserable with heartburn- it comes at all times- If I eat, I get heartburn, if Im hungry, I get heartburn, if I sit, lay, stand, always have heartburn- If the whole theory is right about heartburn equals a hairy child, mine will be cousin IT!!!!!!!!

i've been using gaviscon extra, i find it brilliant, the midwife i spoke with on Tuesday said natural yogurt is good for it? i haven't tried it yet:shrug:

I am miserable with heartburn- it comes at all times- If I eat, I get heartburn, if Im hungry, I get heartburn, if I sit, lay, stand, always have heartburn- If the whole theory is right about heartburn equals a hairy child, mine will be cousin IT!!!!!!!!

Heartburn = hairy baby?! I've never heard that one before! Looks like mine might be a mini gorilla too then!! :baby:

:haha:

LOL!!! I am exactly the same- have it all the time :( Trying not to overdose on the Gaviscon!!

xx

I'm on Ranitidine which am taking twice a day. I know you can also take omeprazole too which is alos good. I was taking so much gaviscon it was getting a bit silly so glad it's now under control with just two tablets a day. Can definitely recommend it as the way to go if you're fed up with it.

Am too suffering from heartburn but i find peppermint oil capsules really helps and it does prevent heartburn for me. Still very very slight but i really can't without it otherwise i would be tossing all nite. Also its safe to take during pregnancy as its not like a medication. Hope it goes away for u x

I had it all through my first pregnancy but not at all with this one. This makes me suspect a different gender which probably makes no scientific sense at all!

I was hoping to find a post on here about heart burn (sorry but am glad that I am not the only sufferer when pregnant [don't want to be different lol]). During first tri and up till a few days ago I use to get heartburn maybe 1 or 2 a week and took rennie (safe to take) - yesterday and the day before and even this morning - absolutely terrible heart burn - now am taking around 4 rennies a day - i hope it goes soon xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->