heat bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
does anyone have one of these. Want something for ds2 to take to bed as his bedroom is freezing. He likes to cuddle up to his teddies so thought one of these would be good. How long do they stay warm for roughly? He has been waking in the night recently but think he has been cold as since putting a fleece blanket round him before tucking under duvet with another blanket on top he has not woken. I would rather he had a cuddly toy than a blanket really.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelex-Cozy-Plush-Microwaveable-Warmer/dp/B002OOWH0Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1418332979&sr=8-9&keywords=heat+bear

DD has the owl version and it lets off a lavender scent too for relaxation. They're not something to cuddle unless you microwaved it for around a minute as there will be hot spots in the beads. If fully heated (2m30) they can last a couple of hours depending on what's covering it.

Other solution is to warm up a hot water bottle in a cover, put it in bed 1 hour before he goes to bed so it warms the top end and have it at his feet there after.

Right, not keen on a hot water bottle and he loves cuddling upto his teddies so thought this may work but obviously not if gets too hot. There are some lovely designs though may get a fox for myself!

It's hard to keep them warm isn't it. Tonight it's 13C in my LOs room :-( my heating escapes too quickly as I'm in a very badly insulated house so I hate putting it on as I'd rather pour pounds down the drain! It take around 5 hours to get to 18C, then it's back down under 2 hours.

I was thinking about a 'Hottie' for my lo like you've posted. Tonight she had my hottie in her bed during bath time to warm it up, and when she was asleep I had to put mittens on her :cry:

Think I still might get one and just be careful when heating it. Don't want to use hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"