Heat rash on boobs

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting a heat rash on my boobs. It's from having to wear a bra and nipple pads all the time even in bed and I'm getting all hot and bothered with it.

Any suggestions on how to ease it or get rid of the rash?

Ta

H

No idea, i suffer from heat rash badly myself and wouls love to know a cure!

i suffered from this and *ahem* :blush: only way i found tht helped it was airing them lol!

I would but they leak all over the place... I need a couple of nipple bungs! :lol:

tht will soon calm down hun, firt few weeks are teh hardest(bet ur sick of hearin tht!!!)

TALC POWDER

WILL HELP DRY THE AREA AND MAKE IT SMOOTH

i love talc ummmm i put it under my boobs under my arm pis tops of my legs after a bath - feels lovely and soft

Hi Helen

Not sure if you're already using these types but I found the breastpads that had a paper backing were much better at letting your boobs breath - Lasinoh and Tommy Tipee do them. They aren't more expensive or anything.

After a shower/bath air dry your boobs for a bit and if you're leaking just hold a muslin or towel up.

Don't put talc on your boobs if you're breastfeeding

I like the tommee tipee breast pads too i got some awile back on offer in Asda.

Hmm... I've got paperbacked ones... Sainsburys own.

TBH it's more the underneath and sides of my boobs that's the problem. Sigh... I used to be so small and neat and now I would well and truly fail the pencil test! :rofl:

LOL at the pencil test! After a while your boobs settle down and they wont always be so enlarged.

Are your bras cotton? Are you sure your milk isn't spraying onto your bra during a feed? Really feel for you, it's horrible being uncomfortable around there anyway let alone when you're feeding babies as well.

How's the feeding going?

Yeah cotton bras. Don't think they are leaking onto the bras, mostly going onto their faces if they pause for breath :rofl:

Feeding is going wonderfully well. I'd say I'm enjoying it 90% of the time (10% are middle of the night epics and nipple chewing) and they are gaining weight so well. They got weighed yesterday. Tom had put on half a pound and Charlotte 6oz in a week! Chuffed to bits with them and myself. :mrgreen:

Well done Hhelen you and lo are doing so well. Kayleigh used to wake for feed during night and it would be a 2 hour job, so i have every sympathy for u.

Helen their weight gain is fantastic. Well done.

Have you looked at lilypadz?? You can wear these without having to wear a bra so you can give them a good airing. If not then I agree with Lucy, don't buy the plaastic backed breastpads as they don't allow moisture to evaporate, instead either use paper backed ones or reusable ones.

Have given up wearing the bra at night and just live with a couple of Dolly Parton's taking up space in the bed and generally getting in the way.

Actually they don't seem to leak so bad unless one of the babies starts muttering and the heat rash is clearing up nicely now.

That's good news Helen, glad it's getting better.

Your boobs will settled down a lot and reduce in size, your body is still adjusting to the bfding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->