heat rash

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
hey girlies,

so i am in turkey atm and it is sooo hot, i have come out in a really itchy heat rash across my whole chest and down my arms

i have been thinking about getting calamine lotion since it says on the internet thats the only thing i can use when pregnant but i have been told by my mum that it only stops the itching for a little while then u have to keep putting it back on

it is really itchy though so i need it to be gone, i would usually use antihistamines when i come somewhere hot but i guess i cant use those now

does anyone know of anything i can use?

i would of said calamine lotion too i dont know what else you could use tbh, ive used the lotion and it does taking the itchin away, have a nice coldish bath too should help :)

You might be able to use antihistamines but you will need to see a doctor and get advice and a prescription. Many of the nausea treatments are antihistamines but obviously it will depend on what type will work for your rash and what (if any) concentration is safe enough. Hope you feel better soon!

I got heat rash when I was pregnant & we went to Crete - a lady in a shop there recommended an Aloe Vera aftersun gel (defo don't use a cream 'cos that can make it worse). She told me to put it in the fridge, and use it every so often - really worked for me!

She also told me to quickly wash the area you have the rash on before putting anything on it - heat rash is made worse by blocked pores, so makes sense to wash first before putting something on.

xx

Witch hazel is safe for preggos and very soothing and cooling.

thanks everyone, its just a case of whether i can get it in turkey now

have been told there is no calamine lotion anyway, was thinking of maybe putting yoghurt on? i know that is really good for sunburn so it must be cooling eh!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"