Heavier than birth weight.. already?

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
I was wondering if I should be worried at all. My son is on a diet of strictly booby milk, feeds every 3 hours or so and is already 1 oz heavier than birth weight.. thing is, he dropped to 6 lbs 3 oz while in the hospital (was 6 lbs 14 oz at birth) and within a few days jumped up to 6 lbs 10 oz, when the nurse came to visit me two days later he jumped up to 6 lbs 15 oz! That's 5 oz in two days, which takes most babies a week to gain.. apparently.
The nurse told me it is supposed to take them two weeks to get back to birth weight and seemed a tad bit uneasy about his sudden weight gain, do you think I'm over-feeding him?

I wouldn't worry. Babies all grow at different rates, and to me it has seemed that babies born a little bit smaller at birth tend to make up for it more quickly after than bigger babies. You've got a good healthy boy there! =)

Kaysie dropped almost a pound in the first few days, then was putting on almost 3ozs a day. It calmed down after two weeks though hun. So I dont think your over feeding, every three hours at this age is good

No it is fine hun, Katie had put on a few oz's by the time she was 10 days old :)

I dont know, didn't want to read and run.
However, Colton was 9lbs14 at birth, and didn't loose any in the hospital. But he also didn't gain any the first week, which worried the doctors. I never knew why, but then the next week after that he put on almost a whole pound! So I definitally agree that babies grow at different rates. As long as he seems happy and is eating well, I wouldn't worry about it.

No don't worry, Paige put on nearly a lb in 10 days! x x

Just wanted to say well done mama!!

Yes I agree, that is a good thing and nothing to worry about.

I had a hard tme getting Jayce back up to his birth weight after being in special care, but this week we finally did it... in fact we zoomed right past it. He gained 1lb1oz in 6 days!!!!!! My doc was happy with it, so I think you are right on track :hugs:

Nah its perfectly normal. Kyle had gained but the weight he lost and more (sure it as nearly 1lb) in the first week or so x

My LO gained her loss back in 1.5 days (5oz). My ped congratulated us :)

LO is 61 days old and is about 13 lbs. Thats 1.5 oz or so a day weight gain

:hug:

I would not worry. My 3 month old has never lost any weight. Sure you are doing a grand job

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->