heavily pregnant with toddler. anyone else struggling?

tristansmum

Reaction score
I'm almost 37 weeks (although measuring 39 so feeling big!). I've got a 2 1/2 year old and I'm struggling. So tired and he wants me to run around and carry him ect. I feel we spend so much time watching tv which makes me feel a terrible mother. I find myself snapping at him and its not his fault I'm tired. Plus I think he is playing up a bit as he can tell mummy is bot normal. My husband works away for weeks at a time so I never get an evening off bath time or a lie in. Anyone else feeling the same?

Im 34wks but masuring 36wks and i have a 14 month old who is constantly on the go, i tend to let her play by herself and nap loads as im all out of energy so i constantly feel like a bad mummy :( i think its just our stages and things will change when baby comes! is there anyone who could take your ds until you pamper yourself? :flower:

unfortunately yes hun..
I've got a toddler just under 2 and feel so bad when we have a PJ day.. Although we have been to a play center for 3 hours today.. I happily went down the slide even though I was shattered! :(Just like to see her happy.
I do find she's irritating me alot more, if i just want two minutes to myself and she's constantly there whinging at me. And have noticed she's started acting differently.. Like smacking alot, and chucking her head back and fake crying.. whether she knows somethings different i dont know.. EURGH! can't wait til i can run after her again!!
xxx

Yes! I feel like an awful mother because he wants carrying or wants me to push him in his toy tractor and run around up and down and I just can't! I feel do bad that I get cross with him, he's going through a massive tantrum stage, and he starts messing about when I'm trying to get him to sleep, I could cry sometimes and feel so guilty about not being able to keep up with him

Also, could you not have a nice relaxing bath or snuggle on the sofa with a book as soon as your LO is in bed? give yourself some you time xx

Its so hard, im 39 weeks with a 7 year old and a 2 year old. My oh works all day but is home for tea time and at weekends. I don't envy those of you who's oh works away. Without his help at tea time and bed time id be exhausted!
We have a good routine between us but it is definitely a team effort.
I find the school run the hardest as i don't drive and going to school twice a day there and back really makes my hips sore, i know it'll be harder still with number 3 but at least i wont hurt!

Thanks ladies. Makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. All the way through pregnancy I've thought I want to enjoy this time just the two of us but now I'm hoping for labour cause I cant be the mummy I want at this stage.

unfortunately yes hun..
I've got a toddler just under 2 and feel so bad when we have a PJ day.. Although we have been to a play center for 3 hours today.. I happily went down the slide even though I was shattered! :(Just like to see her happy.
I do find she's irritating me alot more, if i just want two minutes to myself and she's constantly there whinging at me. And have noticed she's started acting differently.. Like smacking alot, and chucking her head back and fake crying.. whether she knows somethings different i dont know.. EURGH! can't wait til i can run after her again!!
xxx

My son has started smacking me in the face too. He has been so good about the pregnancy and kisses my tummy and talks about the baby. But I'm sure he must be a bit unsettled too.

Yes and I'm only 34 weeks, my 21 month old is wearing me out, just simple things like nappy changing is hardwork as she is so uncooperative! She's also decided that mummy should carry her everywhere! I'm not sure how I'll be coping by 37 weeks!

Yep. I'm not as far along as you ladies, but my 13 month old just wears me out sometimes, especially since she hasn't been sleeping well lately. She's also a picky eater and sometimes makes herself throw up, so it's a constant source of stress for me. And she doesn't walk yet, so I have to carry her everywhere. Not sure how I'll manage the next three months! :wacko:

Exhaustion is normal for many of us right now. I have a one year old and four year old, my husband and I work opposite shifts so its always just one of us at home with them. I'm also taking 6 credits of classes and I'm 40 years old. Never a break!

Soooo much. I'm 33+4 expecting twins and have a son who just turned 2 last month. He's going through a phase of testing his boundaries, being clingy one minute then throwing tantrums the next and has so much energy I feel awful not being able to run around after him. He still naps but today he just refused so as the day went on we both just got super ratty at each other. Its exhausting! I feel like a horrid mum because I wanted his last 5 weeks as an only child to be special but I'm so heavy, big and slow now... Not to mention in constant pain... I just can't do the things I want with him.

I have a 19 month old and my husband is currently away. I'm feeling the same way as everyone else. I want to give her all of my love and attention, but I just can't keep up. The more I get on the ground the more she tries to climb on me which brings on the BH that won't stop. I want to cry because I know she deserves better and it makes me miss my OH because he helps so much. I'm praying he won't have to leave us again until after the birth.

33 weeks Friday and my son will be 3 May 11th! Can we say no rest at all! He wears me out, and then all the cleaning up behind him is killing me!

Yep! My DS will be 2 Friday. He is one huge ball of energy! I try to make our mornings high energy. I will take him to the park and let him run around while I struggle to follow behind, then he naps well from about 1230-230. I take naptime to relax as well.. I usually pick up and then lay down. Then, I sit outside while he plays, we color, or do sidewalk chalk. Low key activities that keep him super occupied without me having to do too much. I can also just turn on the water spigot outside and he will have a blast! My DH works very long hours, so I wake up with my DS and put him to bed at night.. Usually by myself. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is also getting very old. hahaha. But, do what ya can and don't feel bad. We are doing the best we can.

But I do have to say that I am still sleeping well at night thanks to my crazy toddler :)

I have a 21 month old and I nearly went into labour yesterday chasing after her in the park- I ran and ran (she nearly fell in a puddle) and then I suffered for it after. Now I am scared to go out with her without the pram! The thing I most feel guilty about is not being able to concentrate on anything with her- I have felt sick this whole pregnancy and find I struggle to read books to her etc. I do my best though! I do put cbeebies on too much though - I feel v guilty about that! Not long now though!

She has just started hitting us in the face when she is annoyed- maybe that's just an age thing though? She kisses my tummy and tries to feed him/her but I'm not sure how she will react when she meets them. I asked her if she wanted to see the baby on the tv the other day (40 week scan) but she said no a few times. I hope that doesn't mean something?

I just can't imagine feeling normal now and I hope that I have the energy come back asap. I can't wait to roll around on the floor with her again!

My son will be 3 next week and I have felt lazy quite a bit with him over the pregnancy. I have a bad back and a trapped nerve in my hip right now too so am struggling a lot but thankfully DS1 is really nice and helpful so keeps saying things like "I'll look after you mummy" when it is taking me a minute to stand up. I am also a mature student and due to the trapped nerve I have I am not going into my last two classes either so I feel a bit useless in general right now.

I also feel really bad for him because in the next few weeks he is moving house and getting a baby brother so I am hoping he deals with it all well.

Thanks everyone. I know it must be normal at this stage but great to hear from you all as everyone is the same.

Yeah mines started hitting faces in tantrums or running at me and hits my knees if I'm sat down. I don't know here he's got it from because we never smack or anything even close to it! Maybe it s just an age frustration thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->