Heavy Bleeding 8w+6

svaughn8814

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I need to put my mind at ease after a stressful end of the week. Five days ago (Last Thursday), I started bleeding heavy. I passed a few small inch long clots. I decided to go to the ER to make sure I wasn't miscarrying. After spending 5 very long hours at the ER, they found that the baby is fine and that his/her heart rate was 156. I spotted a few days after and it has completely stopped now. Did anyone here have this happen and the baby was fine throughout the remainder of the pregnancy? I am more on edge now than ever before.

Thanks in advance for the input!

I don't know much about it, but my OH's sister experienced bleeding throughout her whole pregnancy and the baby was fine.

Me! :hi: This just happened to me about a week and a half ago and it scared the daylights out of me. I had one scan immediately afterwards that showed the baby was still there... dates were not what I expected, but that's another story. That ultrasound did not show a cause for the bleed. After a few days with no more spotting at all, I had another bleed. Not as heavy as the first one, but bad enough to scare me. I went in for another ultrasound and not only was the baby fine, they found a little subchorionic hematoma. Basically a little blood clot that usually resolves on its own.

Hematomas are a common cause of first trimester bleeding. It could also be due to having a more friable cervix (meaning it bleeds easier than it used to, for instance with intercourse), normal hormonal fluctuations, or breakthrough bleeding from low progesterone. More worrisome signs would be bleeding that gets progressively heavier and is accompanied by cramps and back pain. If you've already been checked out and they have assured you everything is fine, then you're probably just in that 30% of women who bleed during pregnancy! Welcome to the club :wacko:

I did. It was in the 7th week. I had really heavy red bleeding and horrid, double over in pain cramps. I was sure it was a miscarriage bc I had 3 miscarriages b/4 that pregnancy and the pain was the same. The bleeding finally stopped though, but I had lost all pregnancy symptoms so thought I lost the pregnancy and the miscarriage didn't complete (since the bleeding stopped). 4 days later I had my appointment and there she was, growing and heart beating. She's 2 now. My OB looked around with the probe and couldn't find any reason for the bleeding and said some women just do and they never knwo why. GL (and sorry for the book LOL)

Yes, I had spotting at week 5, and 6 which I think was implantation

Then at 8+5 red bleeding and period type cramps

Scan showed baby is fine, and the blood wasn't anywhere around the baby

The Dr said its just a mystery and common at times around when you would have normally got your period- she said unless blood is literally streaming down my leg ignore it

I'm now 13+5 and *touch wood* I haven't had any more and baby's scan was measuring ahead on last weeks dating scan

I am currently in my third pregnancy.

The first was a miscarriage at 6 weeks. The second, I bled at least five or six times (bright red bleeding) and carried to 37 weeks. This time around, I have had a bit of spotting, but my history tells me it is 50/50. Just relax and know there is nothing you can do. Just put your feet up and stay calm. *hugs*

Today blood gushed out and I was sure I was miscarriage. After getting to the ER the baby looked fine and was moving around with a good heart beat. They found a Hemorage near the sac. I am at home now and optimistic because online a lot of people have said that they went on to have healthy babies. I hope everything goes well foe both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->