Heavy bleeding at six weeks?!

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
My nerves are frayed and I need some advice!

I am 6 weeks postpartum and at a loss as to what I should do. I had a heavy bleed for a day and a half at 4.5 weeks pp then the last week and a half turned to light brown spotting on and off that would occasionally go pink. Yesterday, my bleeding turned red and started to pick up. Today it's very heavy again! No clots, fever, foul smell, cramps or pain. I am EBF and have really good milk supply (engorgement and all!). I had a random gush earlier that filled the center part of my pad then a whole bunch more blood poured out into the toilet. Since then, whenever I go pee I have lots more blood that pours out.

I've been for an internal ultrasound last Friday to rule out retained product but it came back negative and my doctor said my uterus was empty. He said it might be an issue with my lining but would I be bleeding this much?

Anyone dealt with this?? Seriously, tired of this and very anxious!

I never had this happen, I would go see the doctor again if I were you

I had starts and stops with bleeding, and sometimes heavier bleeding after it had all stopped. I do think a call back is in order but starts and stops can definitely be normal even with large splotches at a time. Are they happening after you feed or after you've been somewhat active? I know mine tended to pick up in both scenarios, particularly if I had been more active than usual.

It could be AF. Im ebf as well and it was that for me at 6 weeks pp. The ob will tell you if you soak a pad an hour go to the ER. When is your pp checkup? They should do an internal exam then to make sure all is healing well anyway.

Just wanted to update in case anyone reads this and finds themselves in a similar situation. Thanks to those who responded. I was pretty overwhelmed at the time and figured I'd reply once things settled down except it took a super long time. My red bleeding didn't stop until 8.5 weeks and then I continued to spot on and off until 13.5 weeks!

I had a totally normal delivery, and "took it easy" the entire time so I guess this is just how my body works. At 4 months pp still no sign of AF so this was definitely postpartum bleeding. My lochia followed a similar pattern with my previous birth but was completely done by 8 weeks and not as bad. So glad it's finally all done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->