Helen

Hi

Just enjoying first full day as Mrs. Helen's-Bloke :mrgreen:

Had a really chilled out day yesterday. We're pretty unconventional anyway so didn't want the big white wedding thing. We probably decided about 6 weeks ago and would've got married sooner if OH (must get used to using DH now!) hadn't been on hols and our rings had arrived sooner.

It was a bit of a spur of the moment decision as we'd talked about getting married before the children started school. I have this hang up about having to explain that I am their mother despite not having the same surname. Anyway as their birth has got nearer and nearer I started to feel a bit left out and wanted to be part of the same family as OH and the LOs. Plus after everything we'd been through in the last year or so, getting married just didn't seem like a big deal anymore and was a really easy decision.

I've been married before and as I'm so PG and cos we're older (I'm 34 this time and OH is 40) we didn't want a traditional big white wedding. Could you imagine me in the pavlova dress with the bump!? :rofl: We were going to sneak off and do it and not tell anyone and then we decided to invite our immediate family who we only told a couple of weeks ago.

We had 9 adult guests and 3 babies yesterday. Went for service in the morning. Giggled through most of our vows, OH cos he was in a panic thinking he was going to say "awful wedded wife". I did ok until I got to "in joy and in sorrow" and that seemed so apt after the last year, I started blubbing. :cry: My Mum and Nana were already going but that set our neice off too! :lol:

Came back to the house for champers and then onto local pub for a nice chilled out lunch. Then as weather was so good we went for a stroll round the local nature reserve and fed the ducks with the little ones.

It was a lovely chilled out day. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

H

xx

awwww helen its sounded so perfect ive got tears in my eyes just reading that :blush: im so happy for you both i truely am and i wish you both a long healthy and happy fututre as mr & mrs and also mummy and daddy

xxxxxxxxxxx

Aw fantastic, congratulations!!! I wil have to hint at my OH to do the same. Im the same as you and have been divorced. Ichanged my name by deed poll so we all have the same name but I still have to tell people Im Ms not Mrs, which can be akward!

Glad you had good weather, I always think small does are more romantic and enjoyable anyway as your not trying to please everyone else, and its so much more intamate. Do you have any pics to show?

Awwwwww sounds lovely!! Glad you had a good day babe and really enjoyed it, AND did it how YOU wanted it.....that is what it is all about!

Congratulations again hun! :hugs: x

Aww Helen that sounds perfect.

Congratulations again MRS

:dance:

wow now that was a surprise congratulations to u bothxxx

Helen, Sounds like the perfect wedding day. Congrats to you both again!

What a wonderful wedding!

Congrats again!
xxx

Aww helen sounds like you had the perfect day, Congratulations Mrs I'm so pleased for you :cloud9:

Charm x

well i know im a week behind congrats hun!

u got me crying here :cry: sounds like u had a fab day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->