Hello :) can I sneak in

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
My baby girl livvie is 3 weeks tomorrow and ebf I couldn't breastfeed my little boy as he has disabilities so the fact that livvie is totally breastfed is so special to me. It's not been easy tiny girl wasn't latched on right for the first week till the lovely infant feeding lady came to see me and helped me she lost weight from 9lb at birth to 8lb and has just put weight on she's now 8lb 14oz :)
Livvie likes to feed loads at night so we tend to get to bed at 2 or 3 am

One question livvie takes ages to bring wind up even though she's always got loads of it is there anything in particular I might be eating or drinking that causes wind ? Or are bf babies just a bit more windy ? Her poos are normal bright yellow

Hope you don't mind me joining you just nice to meet other mums who bf
I actually have a fear of feeding outside the house at the minute ive taken livvie out in her pram but always make sure I can get home quick im scared people will comment or state of I feed her i also wouldn't know where I'm allowed to feed her if out it actually really upsets me just thinking about it ive read so many stories of people being told off in cafes etc I darent do it :(

Thanks for reading
Emma

Congrats on your new arrival and I'm pleased that things are going well for you and Livvie on your bf journey together.

I can't see where you are because I'm on my phone but I have never had any negative reactions to feeding any of mine in public. In fact, I've had lots of people say how lovely it is and older ladies telling me how long they fed their babies for. Shopping centres often have feeding rooms but personally I'm not a fan. I'd rather find a nice coffee shop, grab a drink and feed away. Once you're comfortable feeding you really can do it anywhere you can find a seat!

As for wind, I found with ds#1 that grapes, strawberries and oranges (including orange juice) gave him terrible wind so I avoid them while bf/ing. Too much cheese gives ds#2 terrible wind so I'm cutting back on it too. I also find he's more windy if I have a glass of wine in the evening even though he's sleeping through (mostly) and I don't feed til the morning. Trial and error I think.
Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->