Hello Everyone

ladybug1023

1st trimester
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop by and tell you guys my story... I am not sure if many will want to hear it but here it goes. I was born at 27 weeks gestation and weighed 1 pound 11 ounces and was 13 inches long. I am lucky to be a fairly healthy 24 year old with the start that I had. Now I am trying to conceive my first baby and hoping I don't have to go through what my parents did. Any advice from anyone? Was anyone born premature and then had a premature baby?? I have very irregular cycles just as my mom did so I guess that means things may go the same way....

Thanks for reading

One of the girls here was preemie herself and has had one preemie and one term baby - she'll swing by soon I reckon to give you some advice x

Hi I don't think Ur at any more risk than any1 else to having a prem baby, unless Ur mum suffered from things like pre-eclampsia? That could put u at more risk of getting it but if it was just one of those things then it was just bad luck and won't have any affect on Ur baby being prem.

Hi hun
im another former preemie(29 weeks), but my mum had me by emergency c-section. i had a preemie(27wks), but that was a natural labour - nothing caused it, she just....err.... popped out? :rofl:

You really are at no more risk than any other woman hun. its not really in the genes. my story was a sheer coincidence and i have had a term baby after that, no issues!(like my mum too!)

if you have very irregular cycles I would suggest seeing the doctor and explain you are TTC and see what they can do to help. the TTC boards can help too. But, none of this means you will have a preemie.

So stop worrying, and good luck hun!

Thank you for the advice... I have been to the doctor and they are saying they will start testing in January and then probably start me on Clomid (which is the same drug my mom was on). Once again thank you for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->