Hello Everyone

BunMum

Reaction score
Hi there,

I thought I'd join this forum as everyone seems really friendly and clued up.

A bit about myself...I got married on 18th October and I found out 2 days ago that I'm pregnant. I can hardly believe it as we weren't really trying as such, we just had a fab honeymoon in Thailand and were really chilled out.

Anyway, I'm feeling slightly shell shocked really. The baby is very much wanted, I've been taking folic acid for ages and we'd always planned on not using contraception as soon as we were married, which we stuck to. As I'm 30 I didn't expect it would happen straight away so I'm over the moon.

I've been researching what I should be doing for the past few days to give the pregnancy every chance of success but I'm so scared of getting too excited in case I miscarry. Everything I read seems to have these awful stats about the first 12 weeks. I'm bursting to tell my Mum and close friends but I just can't seem to believe its real!

I have an appointment with the family planning nurse tomorrow. Ironically I made it before I knew and we were going to ask about improving our chances of conceiving etc...now I'll be telling her I've had a positive test (my 3rd by tomorrow morning!).

At the moment I have awful cramps and I'm convinced my period is going to arrive any second and end it all. I guess everyone goes through it but at the moment I feel like I'm the only woman ever to have had the symptoms. I work full time and was going to keep it quiet until after Christmas but I'm struggling to keep my mind on the job because I'm so tired.

Anyway, thats it from me. I hope to chat to you soon.

ooohhh hun cum join the frist tri with us,there fab lasses, dont think many pp read in ere for some reason .... even copy n paste ur post in first tri !!!

CONGRATS :wohoo::wohoo: on ur pregnancy !!and ur wedding !!! i myself is in the first tri and very nervous after having MC in march this yr, ive had awful cramps aswell hun,but if u get ur sel postiing in first tri u will feel a little more relaxed when u ask about something and EVERYBODY has got it !! lol

just tried to send u a message but for some reason i cant leave on not even on ur profil page? maybe ur settings r set as that ?!?!?

hope to see u over first tri asap.....hope all goes fab with family planning nurse :)

hello and welcome to baby and bump :hi:

Hi and welcome to BnB, congrats on your pregnant.

:wave: Welcome to BnB!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->