Hello fellow natural birthers!

NannyWhitney

Mommy to Gloria
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm finally in the third tri, so though now I'm finally starting to realize birth will be a very really thing soon!

I am planning on a natural birth in a hospital with my DH and a doula. (And any other medical people that need to be there).

I can't wait to chat with all you ladies!

Hi!! Good luck with your natural birth plan! Have you taken any natural birth classes to prepare? I am giving hypnobabies a try this time around!

I'm not taking any classes, as my doula is meeting with me multiple times to work on yoga positions and techniques for labor. I've heard hypnobirthing is great though!

Good luck with your natural birth! I had my daughter at a tiny clinic in Bali where there was not even a question of any pain relief and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It was painful and magical all at the same time and I'm planning to do it all over again in Nov. with my second! I can't even imagine what birth is like if you can't feel anything and can't move afterwards. I was up and walking around within a few hours, no stitches and none of the grogginess of drugs.
A birthing ball (pilates ball) was my savior, sitting on it rocking and rolling felt great and helped move my daughter all the way down the birth canal and ready to be popped right out!

It may not feel like the right thing to do 10 hours into labor but afterwards you'll be so happy you did it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! My doula has a birthing ball she brings and I'm looking forward to using that! My doctor's office is pretty natural birth friendly, so I'm lucky in that regard. I'm not positive about the hospital being very natural birth friendly, but at least I'll have my doula, husband and a doctor/midwife there for support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->