Hello, first time posting , but have a question about nausea and vomiting at 18 weeks

trying2bamom

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 17 weeks 5 days and I am having problems with vomiting and neasua still. I take meds for it but the only med that works is a suppository that puts me to sleep. I just want to know is anyone else having this or do you think there's something wrong? I went to doctors about 2 weeks ago baby heartbeat was normal, but could these medications effect other thibgs.

I'm also diabetic type 2 and 32 yo

With my first 3 i has ms until i gave birth, i was sick upwards of three times a day and put on loads of weight :shrug: the tabs the doc gave didn't work either it was miserable. So i feel for you i really do xxxx

Unfortunately for some women the sickness can last for longer than the first trimester. Hope yours eases off soon! Speak to your doctor again about your medication options but they're usually pretty careful about what they prescribe in pregnancy and should explain the risks and benefits to you.

Mines on its way out (only mornings) now, with DD it was until 18 weeks. My best friend had it until 20 weeks and another friend had it the entirety of her pregnancy. It's normal, just desperately unpleasant. Fingers crossed that it tails off for you now!

Both of my last two pregnancies I was sick until I gave birth.

I found zofran was the best medication to take, it didn't take away it all but reduced the vimiting down to 2-3 times a day rather than none stops

Both of my last two pregnancies I was sick until I gave birth.

I found zofran was the best medication to take, it didn't take away it all but reduced the vimiting down to 2-3 times a day rather than none stops

Sorry in my post it should have said 18 weeks .

But they gave me Zofran, but like you it wasn talong it all away, they have me on three meds the suppository is the sedative that I take at night. The issue with that is I'm sleep most of the day so I can't work. It's horrible. I don't like throwing up and since I answer phones for my job I can't so it while throwing up.

There's still hope! 20 weeks was a big turning point for me - now I only need meds at night/occasionally during the day. I could do without the meds at night most times but they make me feel better since I get up every hour or so, so I usually take them. It's completely manageable now, I feel ok. I hope you hit that point very soon!

nausea all the way through until birth here too

I hope so too, that this goes away soon. Thus is so nerve wrecking. To much throwing up and crying cause I hate throwing up. Feeling it should be over with by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->