hello- im dazed and confused

doc123

pregnant first tri
Reaction score
Hi i'm sarah
30yrs old and wttc to ttc #1
Had 2 chemical pregnancies last yr by accident- antibiotics and pill didnt mix- v upsetting but worryingly i felt ok with the idea of being a parent..
Got married on 4th may and about to go on honeymoon to africa- having some worries about finances and how we will be able to do it.. i work in maternity and am surrounded with people who have bumps all day everyday and got a few friends who are ttc/in early pregnancy..
I'm dazed and confused as trying to figure best time to ttc rather than just wttc..

My husband is amazing and he really wants babies asap...but isnt keen to try right now but wait till next year- problem is work is set and good for mat benefits until august 2009- after that just get smp as would have to be an independant contractor or wait till i got another permenant job and did it for a year till i got good mat. benefits again (which could take up to three years with my job! eek). I've worked out the dates and want to ttc asap...a pregnancy around sept/oct/nov/dec would do the job nicely and be best of both worlds.. hubby still reluctant as hes so scared!Anyone got any hints or tips to help me out?

In addition brother in laws girlfriend- 34- has become oops accidentally(!) pregnant (though shes been taking prenatal vitamins for a year and they werent using contraception) with my brother in law in their on/off 6 month relationship. It was announced at the same time as our marriage and because of it our big day was totally overshadowed by the arrival of first grandchild. I cant help feeling a little aggrieved at the timing and how intrusive its been on our celebration of marriage. I feel really jealous of her too. I always wanted a secure marriage to have a baby and that why we waited. Now it seems its one rule for some members of the family and other rules for others.. everyone would have given us a really hard time if we had gotten preg prior to marriage!! Now we are there, i cant wait to get started on a new adventure...

Anyone encountered anything similar?
S.

hiya welcome to bnb, congratulations on your marriage :) I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it, it would crucify me seeing pg belleies all day every day, you must be very strong.

Awww hun, sorry they didn't keep their announcement to another day. I'm sure if you have a good read about the WTTC and TTC section you may find some help and hopefully clear your mind.

Welcome to BnB and I hope you feel welcome here.

Thanks everyone...
Always feel cheered up on bnb.... so many people on here going through stuff.. and my stuff is nothing compared to theirs..
I'm working through it.. just want to get going and ttc..its something some of my friends talk about (and often super competitively about!) and i dont feel i want to get into that kind of negative baby race.. I'm ecstatic for my pregnant friends but full of worries about my own ttc issues i could never raise with them....
Will have to get going and be positive throughout
S.

i think maybe sit and talk wit hubby and make him realise that ttc isnt as easy as it sounds n that it could potentially take months and then a further 9 months being preg....so technically that will be a year lol....i mean it took me 10months im not saying it will take that for u but it can take a healty couple a year as u prob no...so u might not even get pregnant for a year so it would be how he sed....or u cud maybe sujjest to him u dont activly try and what happens happens....let nature take its cause.....if u both are worried ont he fancial side of having a baby then to be honest there is never a perfect time to have a baby where money is concerned....and everything works its self out...good luck x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->