Hello, is there room for a little one?

Lullababy

Reaction score
After lurking for a while I thought it was about time I post and say hi -I'm terribly broody (and not sure if this is just going to make things worse but if you can't beat them join them eh?) DP was made redundant last year and is currently retraining in a new career so it's going to be 18months or so until we have two proper incomes again (his part time job just about covers his share of bills and his car at the mo). Then our plan is to buy our own house, renovate it and start a family. It sounds so perfect when we talk about it and I know it's the sensible approach but I can't help but get impatient, I want it sooner!

We recently had a bit of a drama - my period was/is two months late and I am having A LOT of pregnancy symptoms, including physical ones, and we were convinced I could be pg, despite being 100% careful with contraception. But when I tested at the weekend it came back BFN - even DP seemed disappointed. So now it's got me wondering what's wrong with me. My biggest worry about WTT is leaving it so long that something goes wrong with my fertility (I'm only 27 mind!). If I could absolutely guarantee it, I would sit back and enjoy the wait and look forward to it' instead I'm constantly panicking about time.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me - I don't want to ramble on too much. Would be nice to get to know a few people in the same situation though.

Ciao for now
:kiss:

Hey, welcome to BnB! :) Have you been to the doctors about it? It might not show on home pregnancy tests but they do blood tests at the quack's. Worth a try, and if not then he might be able to tell you why it's so late.
Hope you settle in here alright :) xx

Hi, thanks for the welcome :thumbup:

Haven't been to the doctors about it but I'm trying to - it's just so difficult to get an appointment! I figured the HPT would be pretty accurate since the hormone levels would have been quite high by now if I were pg? I want to get to the bottom of it asap though; my main worry is that I have an ovarian cyst that is sending my hormones a bit haywire; I had one about 7 years ago that ruptured and it was not a nice experience. Time will tell I guess!

Thanks again, I can already see I have a lot in common with people here!
:happydance:

There's always room for a little one ! :)..welcome to BnB, we'll wait it out together but hope everythings well with u concerning fertility n health .

Welcome! :hi:
Hope you get an appointment soon and it goes well!

hello and welcome :wave: lots of luck with the doc's, hope you can get an app soon :hugs: x

Hiya - welcome to wtt :) I agree with fuffy - perhaps you should go the docs and have bloods done just to put your mind at rest. xxx

Thanks everyone, got myself booked in next Wednesday - there are no female doctors at our surgery though can you believe! I was hoping to have a chat with someone that could maybe empathise, oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->