hello :) just joining in

mommy0629

SAHM of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies :) I'm actually still pregnant for now but I'll be having a preemie at some point between any time now and up to 8 days from now lol. My water broke 4 days ago at 32 weeks and 2 days so I've been kn the hospital since. Had steroids of course and on antibiotics to protect baby since membranes are ruptured. She's doing really well and the growth scan on mon had her measuring 4 lbs. 9 oz. :) they won't let me go past 34 weeks but statistically she will most likely come sometime in the next 3 days.

I've been told that at this gestational age preemies do extremely well and that we shouldn't see any long term effects :)

So, just wanted to introduce myself :)

Hey hun
You'd prob be right at this stage its relatively ok!
We're all here of you want to ask any questions! All the best and hope you baby can stay cooking for as long as possible!

Hi Hun, how you feeling? My little one was born at 34weeks also ....induced as waters were leaking and then went from 27weeks.
Ethan did really well when born, was on CPAP for a short time and then just small amount of ambient oxygen ( oxygen just pumped into the incubator) because they can find it hard to get enough oxygen from normal air.
I think the most common problem at this gestation is feeding, most haven't got the suck reflex and so like Ethan may require NG feeds through tube for a few days-week until it develops.

Have the hospital taken you on a tour of the scbu? If not ask to go on one, it would be really helpful just so you know what to expect if never seen one before...there is lots of technology and seems like alarms are going off constantly...usually nothing to worry about!

Fingers crossed bubba keeps cooking until 34weeks :) xxx

Hello,

:hi: welcome @ that age and weight your LO will do well. Lets just hope they stay baking a little while longer

:hi: Hi! Welcome over. :) Fingers crossed your little one has a quick NICU stay. :hugs:

I'm eager to hear your birth story! 34 weeks will be when I deliver, depending on the placenta accreta. I will find out on Wednesday!

My girl was born right on the 33/34 week borderline (if the clocks hadn't gone back the week before she'd have been about 15 minutes short of 34 weeks) - didn't need oxygen or anything - just establishing feeding.

UPDATE & BIRTH STORY

My baby girl Leah was born on August 31st at 3:11 AM weighing 4lbs.11oz. at 32w6d gestation :) :cloud9:

She's doing amazing and has been right since birth. She needed NO help with breathing AT ALL and scored 9.9 on the Apgar after birth. She is still in the NICU and the staff there is amazing :) She's being tube fed (through her nose) for now until the doctors are confident she will be able to feed by mouth without choking, but she has tolerated every single feeding perfectly with no problems at all :) I'm pumping my colostrum so far for her and it gets added to the formula. For the feedings that I'm there, we have her "breastfeed" while she's being fed through the tube and she suckles away for a little while until she gets tired and falls asleep. She was put under lights for a little bit high billirubin today, but should only need it for about 2 days and is otherwise thriving and perfectly healthy :)

I'll just briefly give her birth story for now - Thurs. after around lunch time I started cramping but it wasn't anything to painfull. I did notice though that they were coming every 7 minutes or so, so I told my nurse and was put on the monitor. Sure enough I was having regular contractions, "pre"-labor ones. The doctor gave me an injection that wasn't anything aggressive like magnesium and he said if I was in "true" labor the drug wouldn't stop it. Well, it did work but around midnight they came back...with a vengance lol. I told the nurse I was really in labor this time, dr. came to check me, said I was 4 cm. and ordered my epidural (I was in pain pretty good by this point) and I called my husband and mom to come quick (it was about 1:30 AM). The contractions got more and more painful FAST and before my husband even got there I was begging my nurse to make the anestesia people hurry up!! LOL Next thing I know I can barely stand the pain (my poor DH felt helpless) and I felt the urge to push. Nurse ran for dr., he checked and I was 10cm. - I'm about to give birth with NO epidural!! 3 big pushes and me screaming at the top of my lungs LOL and out she came :)

I'll keep posted here on her progress :)

Congratulations!!! I am so glad to hear that she is doing well!!!! That is such great news!

Well done mummy and baby!!!!! Souns like you are doing great :). Xxxxx

Congratulations!!! xxx

Thank you everyone :) She should be "graduating" out of the isolette and into a regular basenette today :happydance:

How are you and your baby doing?

We're doing great :) She came home on Sept. 14th at exactly 2 weeks old. She had a follow up with our regular pediatrician 3 days later and had gained 4 ounces! She didn't have any jump in weight like that while in the NICU so I guess she likes being home lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->