Hello Ladies, being brave and admitting why I've not been in here :(

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I'm having to stop using cloth :(

OH refuses to use them so I'm still having to buy disposables. Edward is teething and poos about 8 times a day and I just can't wash fast enough to have enough clean.

I also really need some money as I'm badly overdrawn so the nappies have to go :cry: So, if anyone has seen anything they wanted dibs on then shout. The only one I'm not selling is his custom WN Monkey Bum.

Will put a list up tomorrow of all I have :(

Oh Katy :hugs:

I know how much you wanted to do this too :sad1:

xxx

:hug::hug: my OH was a complete PITA when i tried cloth with Ethan. That and the dodgy washing machine we had forced me to give up so know how you feel. This board isn't just about cloth though y'know ;)

that said, i'll be stalking for your nappies :blush: any mini lalas? xx

ah no :cry:

Sorry hun, its just the rubbish situation...you tried your best to get on with cloth :hugs:

Dont be hard on yourself- when better days come around you can always have fun building a new stash :winkwink:

:flower:

Oh Katy, i'm sad for you but don't feel that you have to explain!! :hugs: Do what is best for YOU and your family and your overdraft. You can always come back to cloth later if you wanted.

Oh and to all the fluff users who always say "it's no extra work..." well, I think that's rubbish cos it's undeniably way more work- so if someone can't do that anymore, for any reason whatsoever, so be it.

xx

(selfishly i'll be refreshing like crazy tomorrow to see your list.
Dibs on the flame nappy please, and blue polka itti, and the blue caterpiller WN if you still have them both!... oh and dibs on any WNs too pleaseyplease.)

Hey dont feel bad, I know you do though!

We stopped at around the same time, not the same reasons but still I wish I hadnt now I look back.

When/if the time comes that you feel more in control and able to do them you will know and be happy to use cloth - I know back then I didn't want to but now I wouldn't change if I was paid!

It just makes no sense to me to have £600+ worth of nappies when I'm paying interest on debt.

There's quite a few WN's, Ittis, BBs, Few ebay marvels, can't remember what else. xx

:hugs: It's rubbish that it hasn't worked out for you this time hun, but definitely don't feel like you have to explain or stay away.

We're only part-time with cloth atm (still experimenting with night nappies) and we're p/t babywearing, p/t co-sleeping, even our bf and blw is sort of p/t in a way these days...we're just mixing and matching and doing what suits us and bumbling along. If your overdraft needs help and your washing machine can't keep up and your OH is being a poo about using cloth (no pun intended!) then it makes total sense to go back to disposables :thumbup:

:hugs: hun I know how you feel as I'm the same :( I haven't been doing it as long as you but it's still hard xxx

Oh Katy :hugs: You gave it your best shot babe!Who knows,maybe in a few months you'll give it another go?Don't feel bad sweetie.Cloth CAN be a hassle,I know I have had a few days where I've thought 'Screw this,I'm buying sposies' ;)
:hugs:

I just feel like everyone will think I did it for the wrong reasons now :( And I know I'm going to get so many "I told you so"s xx

:hugs: don't feel bad hun, tell anyone who says ' I told you so ' to STFU. Maybe when Edward is a little older & your money situation is a bit better you can try again! Xx

just ignore the people who say i told you so, maybe they did but who cares, you gave it a go, and you are only stopping to help your finances, which are important, and to save on so much washing,(which i understand, i didnt switch my eldest to cloth, not only because hes nearly do so i felt no point but cus he still poss about 8 times a day and i know i wouldnt be able to keep up with that, even if callie wasnt in cloth)
and like others have said, maybe when edwards teething has settled and your finances are sorted your find yourself back in cloth.

xx

just put a wrap over sposies, no one will know you switched back :lol: so they cant say i told you so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->