Hello

HayleyJA

Mum to April and Esther
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve been lurking here for the last month or so, so thought it was finally time I took that leap and introduced myself.

I’m Hayley, 27 from Wiltshire. My husband and I married in December and since then have thought we’ll ‘see what happens’ on the baby-making front!

We were very lucky to get our first BFP at the end of January – we were shocked really as we certainly didn’t think it would happen that soon! At that point I would have been 6weeks pregnant. We had 5 days of excitement before I started some scary spotting. Eventually went to A&E and then had a scan in the EPU. Could see a sac but no heartbeat at that stage, but given the dates they measured me at (5w2 though by this point I should have been 6w5) they said to come back in a fortnight to see if there had been any progress.

The discrepancy with the dates did ring some alarm bells but we were hopeful and thought perhaps I’d ovulated later or had my dates recorded incorrectly.

However, within that 2 week wait I had some tremendous bleeding .Once I had a ‘flood’ in a shopping centre which resulted in me fainting and being taken to hospital – I think that was because of shock more than anything though! However, on Valentines Day I was on the receiving end of the most painful cramps I’ve ever experienced.

When we went for the second scan, we basically said we were 99.9% sure that I’d miscarried in the interim. The scan confirmed it; in fact it was likely that there had been no development from the measured 5w2days before our first scan. The very unfortunate thing is that that date was even before we took the 1st HPT.

All in all, a very strange time, experiencing pretty much every emotion under the sun! In reality though we’ve coped very well and my ‘justification’ for this, is that we actually had longer to get used to the fact we were miscarrying, than we did the pregnancy.

So now, it’s been 2 weeks since I stopped bleeding (had some spotting after that) and we’re taking things as they come.

Falling pregnant has made us realise we really do ‘want’ a baby as opposed to ‘we’ll see what happens’. The question we are now asking ourselves is how are we going to do get there? I don’t want to formalise everything so early on in our TTC journey, but have to balance that with our desire to have a baby.....it seems to be engulfing my mind at the moment, which is why I enjoy reading everyone else’s trials, tribulations, and celebrations on here!

Anyway, that’s all for now....hope to virtually meet you all soon!
Hayley
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"