Hello

Bozebo

Mum to Ollie & Joe...
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I joined this site last year when I thought I could be pregnant (but wasn't) and to be honest had completely forgotten it existed (the shame of it!!). My life has since moved on, I've seperated, divorced, met an amazing man and got engaged since I last appeared on here.. don't do things by halves do I?

I have said hello in the newbies section (despite having been a member for almost 18 months, I feel new!!).

I'm 39 at the moment, due to hit the big one in just two weeks :shock: and we found out just last week that I'm pregnant :happydance:

This will be my third baby but the first with my fiancée (who is childless).. we miscarried on Jan 3rd at just over 12 weeks ( it started on the 1st, just 1 hour after we'd told my 6 year old) so this pregnancy is much wanted and a beautiful surprise. We originally thought we could be 4 (now 5) weeks pregnant, but on discussing it with my gp, I may be as far gone as 9 weeks now as my last period was 8 days early and different from a regular period (so she thinks an implantation bleed). I see my midwife on Monday (which should be interesting as I never even had a phone call off her after my m/c )and I'm going to ask for a scan (a. to make sure everything is ok and b. to date me correctly).

Once we have the dates confirmed, we'll tell immediate family then, but no-one else until after the 13 week scan (so much easier than having to un-tell).

I hope to make lots of friends on here and its nice to see so many 'old' mums :winkwink: (I may be almost 40 but I'll be damned if I act it... lol)

Lisa :flower:

Hi Lisa, welcome to the over 35 and pregnant club! lol
I'm 37 and expecting #1 :happydance:
Glad you remembered about the site as it is a great help.
Sorry to hear of your loss in Jan.
I hope you get to have an early scan to see your little bean!!!
Let us know the outcome of it and how far they dated you.

:hugs::hugs:

Hi Lisa! Welcome aboard!!

It's great to have a special section for us 'oldies'. :winkwink:

Let us know how you get on with the midwife on Monday. I'm seeing mine on Monday too and am feeling a bit nervous about it, there's no reason to I just am.

Best of luck. xx

Congratulations!! It's funny how a major life change can be the best thing for our lives.

I too divorced (after having two children) and then met the man I should have been with all along. He and I married a year ago and are now expecting twins. I am 35 and he is 51. We couldn't be happier!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->