help 2yr old projectile vomiting worried!

babytots

Reaction score
my youngest daughter threw up thursday night and sine then has had horrid diahorrea. i think my eldest has caught this bug off her as shes projectile vomited about 4 times in the last hour or so.

really worried about her as never seen her this ill before (last time she was sick was when she was a baby!).

i'm gonns ring doctors first thing but is there anything i can do to help her in the meantime? we have been giving her water when she wants it and trying our best to get her to sip it rather then guzle but is there anything else we can do?

this is a new expereince for me since i've never had a sick toddler before and its scared the hell out of me! x

Sounds like rotovirus to me.. keep her hydrated is all i can suggest! Hope your baby feels better! Should stick to the B.R.A.T. diet!! :hugs:

thanks hun will lok up what rotovirus is and the b.r.a.t diet! x

Roto-Virus is a stomach thing, i would keep her away from other kids and siblings highly contagious and you yourself should be careful wash your hands well. We had it at the preschool I worked at and EVERYONE got it myself included!

Brat diet. Bananas, Rice, applesauce and toast!!! sorry should have specified!

Pedialite is a good idea too electrolights will help her get better!

thanks ladies took them both to doctors she didnt mention rotavirsu just told me to keep hollie hydrated and rink plenty of water and if she wasnt hungry not to force her to eat and with charlotte to water down her milk and gradually add less water and more milk.

hoping they get rid of it soon as meant to be meeting up with a friend and her newborn twins on wednesday and cant if the girls are poorly don't want the babys to catch it. x

their is a bug going round, kira has had it for a good number off weeks

Joe took this in March, while on holiday:dohh: and we took him to hospital where he got an anti-sickness jab but the other things they done were brilliant, I'll try and remember what they done

By syringe:

5ml water(they used sugared water) every 5 minutes for 1 hour
10ml water every 5 minutes for 1 hour

then if that stays down:

1 teaspoon natural yogurt every 5 minutes for one hour
continue until yogurt is gone.

Introduce foods slowly

:hugs:

Carly had this and its very contagious (sp?) It lasted for about a week and a half , apparently giving her Flat coke helps? This is what the docter told me anyway and it did help alittle.
Everyone around her got it aswell , and nearly put me into Early labour ( I was pregnant with Ella at the time) !
Like the above say , keep her hydrated food doesnt matter at this point as i will come flying back out.

B.R.A.T diet is best too , although if she cant keep that down ( carly couldnt) dont worry just make sure you keep trying every so often. I hope it clears up soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->