HELP, 36 weeks leaking amniointic fluid right now!!!!

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi ladies woke up leaking amnionic fluids, and cannot get midwife.

I am just 36 weeks pregnant.

I am still leaking as I am typing this, it keeps coming out, and down my leg. :cry:

I went full term till 39+6 weeks with my son, what does this mean??

I would phone the Labour ward . Good luck if you can't get them on the phone go straight to the hospital to get checked out

Just ring the hospital if you can't get hold of your own midwife - whichever number you've been given to ring when you are in labour. Your midwife would only tell you to do that anyway as there's not much shxe can do when you're pre-term, you'll have to be monitored. Try not to worry or panic - 36 weeks is so close to term, I'm sure everything will be fine and baby will be perfectly happy and healthy. Good luck :)

I was born at 35weeks. All well. Hope little is the same. But definitely do call labour ward. Don't worry about your mw. Good luck!

Don't panic hun! As the others have said, give L&D a call and they'll tell you what to do. Good luck :)

I would phone the labour ward and they will advise you hun. Good luck :)

Hope all is well. My sons water broke at 36 weeks and he was 6 lbs 11 ozs and great! Good luck=p

Yep. Call & follow instructions. I was admitted with broken waters at 35+5 & delivered at 36w. In Canada, an OB takes over from mw if preterm. Baby was OK with late premie difficulties, but nothing critical.

You need to go in. When I thought I was leaking fluid, the nurse told me that if I was even concerned about that at all I needed to come in because infection can set in within 24 hours a the bag being broken. Even if it is just a tear. Better safe than sorry.

Correct. I was put on IV antibiotics as soon as I got into hospital as a preventative measure fr infection.
Did not have any contractions what so ever.

Go into the labor and delivery ward please. Forget midwife. Your water probably broke and you'll deliver. Don't panic though baby is fully fine and ready term is 37 weeks you are practically there :) don't wait though

Yep, I agree with all the others. Get yourself to labour ward so they can confirm if you're waters have broken and monitor the baby to make sure it's happy. Prepare yourself for labour within the next 24 hours, even if that ends up being by induction, but don't panic. From what I understand from a few friends who delivered around 36 weeks, the concern by midwives etc drops a lot once you pass 36 weeks. Good luck x

Let us know how it goes!! Congrats!!

Hey ladies! I am in the hospital, and waters are still leaking though little by little and they told me my water broke from the top.

And they checked with ultrasoundandsaid if they didnt know any better, would not have guessed my waters were leaking (leaked quite a lot).

So they are willing to let me go a week, but will be monitoring every day,and getting antibiotics every 6 hours. And if necessarry I might get induced anytime after the first 24 hours.

Not what I had wanted, and if baby is born under 2400 grams baby will have to stay in the hospital. :-(

So glad they're going to monitor you but let you continue for at least another week! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->