HELP!! Are my waters leaking?!?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Early today I posted about having period like pains for the past few days: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2298857-31-weeks-period-pain.html

Fast forward to tonight: was lying in bed and watching baby go crazy in my tummy, stood up and realized my underwear and pajama pants were wet. Didn't feel any leakage. Went to the bathroom, peed a little, went to tell hubby what I found and felt a slight leaking again twice. Sat down to eat and drink a tea, baby is going NUTS and I feel like im going to vomit really badly, and I can now feel a leak coming out. I don't know if im crazy, if its pee... if baby is pressing on my bladder but im freaking out. Im only 31w3d.

It has no odd smell (I tried to smell anything) it smells like... nothing. It looks clear... what do I do? I don't wanna be laughed at going into L&D, but I feel so so nauseous. My lower tummy feels uncomfortable but that's because baby has decided to push herself up against me I think.

Help :cry::cry:

I'd go check with L&D or at least call the front desk nurse and ask if she would recommend you go in. They have a paper swab to test the fluids to see if it's amniotic or not.

No harm in getting checked ... The sooner you go the better so that if anything is happening they can give you steroid injections in time to mature baby's lungs. I hope everything is fine :flower:

I just posted in your other thread again in response to your update and saw this after. I agree that you should go get checked out now that you have both things going on. You don't want to let potential embarrassment prevent you from getting help in the event that something is actually going on.

Definitely get checked. I went to l & d last weekend and they assured me that it's better to be safe than sorry and to never feel bad for going and getting anything checked out ever.

Thanks - the liquid has stopped however I just wiped and a thick, yellowy white blob came out... it was the size of my fingertip. thinking it may be part of my plug. Ill keep everyone updated :) Thanks girls!

I know how you feel about not wanting to be embarrassed .... When I went into preterm labour at 34 weeks was so worried about being embarrassed if there was nothing to worry about. Then I realized that if I didn't go in and something went wrong I would never forgive myself for letting my fear of embarrassment get in the way of getting the help I needed . Good luck ... Will keep an eye out for your update :flower:

Have you gone to get seen hun? Even if it's stopped it's still wise to go as if it is waters you need antibiotics x

Definitely agree with others! Don't be embarrassed by calling hospital, non of us like to do it as you feel like you're wasting people's time BUT I would deem this as a medical issue/emergency so please call l&d, they might just test the leak on paper to check what it is. The yellow glob of mucus sounds like part of your mucus plug xx

It might be an infection the same thing happened to me i thought it was my waters but turned out when u have an infection your body lets out watery fluid

Have you been to get checked out? I would highly recommend you rule out pre term labour at 31 weeks!!

Thanks everyone! Everything is fine, but im still having period like cramps. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and they are going to fully check me out and test me for infection. That little glob was part of the plug! I have to take it easy for now... which is hard to do as im moving in 2ish weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->