HELP austisum

ALY

spammy sexington
Reaction score
can someone please help me :blush:

ok so sam went to the hospital and his consultant said that sam was autistic now a lady has just been from the speech therapist and sam sam isnt autistic he is just very slow but he will need to see a phycologist who do i listen to surley his consultant nos the best :shrug:

sam has to also see portage why wont they give me a def diagnosis :cry:

Hmmm no one should be saying things for def without an official diagnosis. Hope you get answers soon x

I think it's really difficult to diagnose autism, even for professionals. Speech problems can be a sign of autism, or of absolutely nothing! Two of my brothers have had speech problems - the eldest now has a pragmatic language disorder and is autistic, he's 10, the other is 5 and has an inconsistent phonetic disorder, but he's absolutely fine in every other respect.
Your doctors shouldn't really be saying anything without an official diagnosis. Hopefully the psychologist will have some answers, but until then I don't think you can really be sure.
Can I ask what other symptoms Sam has that lead you to suspect Autism?

My son had to have LOTs of assessments before he was diagnosed and he also needed a FAR autism assessment.

Hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"