help - baby prefers bottle over breast!

Tesa

Reaction score
Hi all - its been a while since i posted in here but im urgently looking for help

bit of background: this is my third child. my last i bfed for 33 months even after returning to work at six months she would have formula when i wasnt there and bfeeds when i was back with no problem switching between and she loved her mummy milk

So when i managed to exclusively feed this one for the first 5 months i thought i would be lucky again but i returned to work this week she is ALREADY REJECTING ME IN FAVOUR OF A BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant pump at work but i really wanted to keep those morning and night feeds. Yesterday she was a bit fussy but today she is full on refusing to nurse when starving then gulping down the formula

any ideas??? thx in advance

Could you get her started using a nipple shield (so it's more like a bottle teat) and then whip it off once she's started tasting the milk and settled into it? I'm new to this but they definitely helped us when my LO wouldn't latch...

What bottles are you using? I'd go for the absolute slowest teat you can find and perhaps try to find ones that don't just drip when touched! Or would she drink from a cup instead? I don't know if that would encourage her to see the breast as something completely different (so more desirable?) as the bottle is a boob substitute at the moment so she's probably just going for the easiest option. At her age, she should be okay with a cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->