Help! Can I still try to breast feed?

Hoodie

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for advice. I tried to breast feed my daughter in hosp but had so many visitors that I was put off and gave her a bottle. She's 2 weeks old now and I'm wanting to try again but I'm not sure I a still can? I've still got milk. I would be grateful for Any comments

Sorry hun, I've never been in your shoes. But I would say if you still have milk, why not try and see if she will latch? After 2 weeks she may not even want to or know how, but it's worth a try if it's important to you :)

If she will latch, great! Feed her when she seems hungry. It may take a couple days of clusterfeeding to get your supply back up. And if she seems really hungry after feeding from both breasts, you can always just top her off with a little formula.

I don't really know though, all I can say is breast milk is supply and demand. More suckling=more milk production :)

My lo was in the nicu for a week and they gave him formula on top of my ebm. Once home I figured he wouldn't be able to latch and contained expressing and giving bottles. By two weeks I felt I couldn't keep up and all the pumping was wearing me out so I tried bf again. It took a few attempts but we figured it out and have been bf'ing ever since! I would try but be patient and don't expect him to latch on correctly right away. Good luck!!! Ohhh also maybe try a nipple shield, it may resemble a bottle nipple more and make it easier for lo

I took a week off from bf because my LO wouldn't latch. I did express instead to keep my supply going but when I did try again, he was fine. Give it a go and prepare to spend lots of time on the sofa feeding! :)

I know someone who restarted breastfeed after stopping for 6 weeks.
She even carried on until her baby was 2 years old.
Good luck and please if it is important to you you have to try.
Good luck,keep us updated.xx

Yes you can, but it will take a bit of work and determination. Can you locate a BF supporter near you to discuss re-lactation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->