Help! Cant choose between these washing machines!!

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score
I am trying to choose between a

LG or Samsung washing machine

Anyone have either?

Several LG washing machines have been scored as "best buys" in Which? magazine.

None of the Samsung washing machines have been scored as best buys.

This is what Which? say about "best buy" washing machines they have tested:

Our Best Buys get your clothes cleaner, faster and with lower running costs than other models. They're also from the brands which our member survey reveals to be the most reliable overall.

I can give you more details from Which if you want to give me the model numbers.

Regards

Have you considered Bosch? They have a few "best buys" too in Which?
Their warranty is 2 years for both parts & labour.

Remember seeing an advert whereby Bosch are doing 4 years parts & labour warranty on selected washing machines.

John Lewis give you a 2 year parts & labour warranty too, for all appliances.

Just realised, you live in Australia so warranties may differ per country.

Several LG washing machines have been scored as "best buys" in Which? magazine.

None of the Samsung washing machines have been scored as best buys.

This is what Which? say about "best buy" washing machines they have tested:

Our Best Buys get your clothes cleaner, faster and with lower running costs than other models. They're also from the brands which our member survey reveals to be the most reliable overall.

I can give you more details from Which if you want to give me the model numbers.

Regards

Thanks so much ~ So kind :flower:

I have done some research here in Australia (the which here is called 'choice') & seems samsung score pretty well

The samsung models are:

WF0754W7V1 7.5kg

WF0854W8EL 8.5kg

WF1104XAC 10kg

You're welcome.

Your Australian model nos. dont correspond with UK model nos.

So unfortunately I can't check them against Which? The models here are 7kg, 8kg, 12kg etc, as apposed to your ones 7.5kg etc.

I know what you mean, like to research before buying a product, dont want to make an expensive mistake. I always refer to Which? before buying an appliance.

You're welcome.

Your Australian model nos. dont correspond with UK model nos.

So unfortunately I can't check them against Which? The models here are 7kg, 8kg, 12kg etc, as apposed to your ones 7.5kg etc.

I know what you mean, like to research before buying a product, dont want to make an expensive mistake. I always refer to Which? before buying an appliance.

Pretty sure im going for the 7.5kg Samsung eco bubble

Does your which guide rate any of the eco bubbles? :shrug:

Here you go:

Samsung claims its freestanding Eco Bubble WF0704W7S washing machine saves energy by getting the same cleaning results in cold water as at 40°C, thanks to new detergent-dissolving technology. Our tests have previously shown that cold washing rarely gets close to cleaning 40°C power, so we put Samsung's claims to the test to discover if this washing machine really has broken new ground.

The WF00704W7S delivered great cleaning on its main programs and we were blown away by its cold-water cleaning.

Although it scored highly enough, we are withholding Best Buy status because we didn't receive enough replies from owners of Samsung washing machines in our latest survey to be sure that this is a reliable brand. As our survey shows that washing machines are not as reliable as other products, and this model doesn't have a market-leading warranty, we can't make it a Best Buy. Tell us about your experiences on the 'Customer views' page.

Impressive Eco Bubble technology
The WF0704W7S uses a bubble generator to dissolve regular detergent into the water and inject air into the drum to create foam from the start of the cycle.

We tested the cold 15°C Eco Bubble super wash; cleaning results were great, and it used 20% less energy than the regular 40°C program too.

Unlike some other cold wash programs we've seen, which usually have limited cleaning power and require special detergent, the super eco wash is good enough to clean everyday laundry.

Fast cotton cleaning
The main cotton program did a great job of cleaning, and took one hour and 50 minutes to wash a full 7kg load. That's almost 20 minutes quicker than the average 7kg washing machine we've tested.

The easy-care program did a good job of cleaning and took one hour 15 minutes to wash 3kg - about what we'd expect.

Spinning and rinsing are outstanding on the easy-care program and although the cotton program isn't quite as good, rinsing and spinning are both effective.

Both programs use little energy or water.

Good range of programs
As well as the 15°C super eco wash, there's also a super eco 40°C wash that Samsung claims delivers the same cleaning results as a 60°C program while also saving energy.

You'll also find a good selection of other programs including a quick 15 minute wash for a few lightly-soiled items, a hand-wash cycle and woollens program.

We didn't like the detergent tray on this model as it required force to open and there isn't enough room to fill the compartments easily without spilling.

The WF0704W7S is also available in white (WF0704W7W) and as an 8kg model, WF0804W8E.

Pros: Great cold water cleaning, good cleaning on main programs, fast cotton program, excellent energy-saving program choices

Cons: Detergent tray is tricky to use

Here are some reviews from Which? members for another Eco-Bubble Samsung WF0804W8E (8 kg)

Bergkamp wrote:
My update .Questions for Which?
Why is there no information from Which? on how this machine is when it washes ie the noise from loud drain pump,it is not quietish even,the dreadful jumping and huge vibration from the spin cycles,also in between rinsing.I bought this piece of junk on the test results from Which,very very unhappy at you.

5/11/2011 9:45 AM GST Recommend Report Abuse
wrote: Bergkamp wrote:
Samsung eco bubble wf0804w8e
Rubbish!Don't waste your money on this.I exchanged a Bosch was28461 for this samsung,why did i bother ?This machine vibrates and wobbles like crazy ,you can hear everything going on when washing like the continuous bubble machine ,it sounds like running water and only stops for 40 seconds about every 10 minutes,the spin is nowhere near what i would call quiet.The spinning is where it really acts like a 1970's machine,it tries to spin and you see the drum jumoing around like mad.It stops and then turns a few times then starts to spin again and the drum jumping around again but does not stop,it just goes onto its progressive full speed,vibrating like mad.Clothes are not super clean,i use a non bio ,i have to.There never seems like enough water when washing on any cycle,and you will never see any water when it rinses so i feel it does not rinse well.Wish i stayed with the Bosch but horrendous noisy drain pump.Also this machine is some 9 kg lighter than a Bosch so not steady for this reason?Too expensive.

23/10/2011 4:24 PM GDT Recommend Report Abuse
wrote: HeRo58 wrote:
Samsung WF0804W8E washing machine
Being somewhat apprehensive about choosing Samsung for a washing machine (a relatively unknown entity), but having enjoyed the reliability of other Samsung products, after much research I decided to give them a go. This product offers good versatility on programmes - you can also manually select water temperature, number of rinses, spin speed etc and even set the machine to remember your favourite settings. This machine is so quiet and doesn't vibrate so there is no 'walking' across the floor when it spins. I experienced one problem when I tried out the 'quick wash' programme. I selected a 30 degree wash, 15 minute programme to wash one jumper. The 'time remaining window' counted down to 4 minutes left - when the machine should spin - but it wouldn't spin, just kept turning the jumper for 10 minutes until I turned the machine off manually and took the jumper out, wringing wet. After running a successful main wash programme, I tried another 'quick wash' with the same settings - this time for the dog's towel, with the same result. I phoned Samsung direct, seeking advice as to whether this was 'operator error' as all other programes were working fine. They said I wasn't doing anything wrong, said they could send an engineer out but advised me to call my supplier (machine bought online) to request a replacement. I rang the supplier who then liaised with Samsung who arranged for an engineer visit. I felt very embarassed when he said my problem was due to the fact that on both occasions, I had attempted to wash only one item and that the machine's 'brain' had tried to balance the items prior to spinning, and that by adding something else to the load would have enabled it to do so - its sensor has problems balancing just one item. Four (light) swimming costumes presented no problems when I ran it again. Whilst I wish Samsung's telephone service staff had been able to give me this advice thus saving an engineer's visit, I was heartened by the engineer extolling Samsung's commitment to complete customer satisfaction. Together with their 2-year parts and labour warranty, I am looking positively towards this new acquisition.
Pros:
Cons:
13/3/2011 6:15 PM GST

Thankyou so so much for taking the time & trouble to post me this information, I really do appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->