HELP!!Combi feeding and sleep training.

babicyntaf

Reaction score
Anyone out there with some help, advice or tips?? My LO is waking up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours wanting feeding during the night. (It's killing me now!)

She's combi fed and has bottle and some solids during the day but during the night I breast feed her. I get the feeling she's trying to get all her calories in one go and she feeds constantly through the night. She's 7 months old now and I really want to get a decent night's sleep!!

She was sleeping quite well up until I went back to work when she was 4 months old. It took us ages to get her to take a bottle but it's all sorted now. She'll happily take formula in the day as well as porridge etc. The only problem now is the constant wakingup. I want to try "sleep training" but I have worries. How can I deprive her of food if that's why she's waking? When she wakes she seems to feed properly, she's not just playing with the boob for comfort - I think anyway!!

Any advice?

It sounds as though she could be reverse cycling to try and get her food via BFing. Can you try offering BF during the day too and see if it makes a difference.

I did wonder that but it doesn't seem to make a difference on the wknd when I only breast feed her. I hope we can crack it over Xmas now when I have 2 weeks off!!

I did wonder that but it doesn't seem to make a difference on the wknd when I only breast feed her. I hope we can crack it over Xmas now when I have 2 weeks off!!

Good Luck!

I don't know if it would help but is it possible to give breastmilkin a bottle instead I the formula during the day? I've had friends whose babies have preferred the breastmilk so maybe she's just trying to get her fill so to speak . It maybe is just really hungry and having a growth spurt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->