HELP! Did my waters break??

krulci

Reaction score
I feel so dumb asking; everyone makes it seem like you'll know, but my OB ruptured mine during labor, last time, so I'm not sure how it works if they go on their own... I woke up during the night to help DS get a cup of milk when clear fluid ran down my leg. I laid back down only to have it happen again a few hours later. I've been trickling a small amount out ever since (coming up on 9 hours, now) though it will come and go. Is this a weird hormonal thing? Or the real deal? What was your experience when your water broke?

I would go be checked. When you lay down for a half hour and stand up does it happen? Cause that's usually how you can tell

I would go get checked, sounds like it could be your waters because from what I've been told it's not always a burst and can be a trickle like that.

Could be your water leaking. Can be gush or trickle. If there's a small hole the baby's head can plug it and keep it sealed but changes in position or baby moving can cause some to leak out a bit. I'd go get tested, there's a paper they use that can tell

Sounds like your waters hun... I'd get that checked out x

UPDATE: I saw my midwife later that afternoon and she tested the fluids (they were still dribbling a little). The in-office tests came back ALMOST positive! As in, the PH level needed to be at a 7 to confirm and mine came in at 6.5. She sent me to L&D where they ran another test that came back negative, though the nurse said she still felt like my waters broke and to be EXTREMELY careful. I'm still contracting like before, though they're slowly getting closer and more consistent... Hoping to have this girl by this coming weekend! (No pressure, right? :haha: )

Thanks for all the responses! You were the reason I finally went in. Xoxo

SteffieLee - you're right on the money! That's exactly what everyone was thinking, a tear up high causing a slow leak that'd get plugged by her head dropping. Though still no active labor, so I'm not sure the theory proves true. :(

Glad for the update! Glad there is no emergency, and I hope you meet your little one soon!

Glad you got checked out. Bet you'll meet your little one in a few days. If you get a bigger gush definitely go in. Hope your contractions start picking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->