help! drip feed baby

Scarlett07

Reaction score
Been bloody feeding near 8 week old since 7:30pm , constant on and off the bottle..then rooting for more..then spitting out bottle ...then screaming ...then rooting and feeding ...this process since 7:30!!!...its now 11pm..Anyone else's baby doing this. I'm thoroughly peeed off and my right shoulder is in agony. He's been doing this since about a week ago. I never have a bottle out my hand!!

Anyone in same boat as me??
He's 8week and his feeding is STILL every 2-2.5hr as he was at 2 weeks.
Feeling very low about it, is it just me, am I doing something wrong?

How do I deny him the bottle so he takes full 5oz when he's 'usually' due a feed? ?

I hear people talking who have 4 week olds going longer than this!! He weighs approx 9lb 10oz.

I'm breastfeeding so not sure if I can help too much...

My LO use to cluster feed from about 5pm until 10pm which basically involved me constantly feeding him with 5/10mins breaks inbetween. He did grow out of this.

He still doesn't go longer than 2/2.5hours between feeds during the day & he's 6months.

Your LO might just be having a fussy stage that they'll grow out of.

Sorry I'm not much help

Its normal to do that whilst going through so many growth spurts. My LO only used to go 2-3 hours between feeds day and night until approx 14 weeks. (hourly from 5pm to about 11pm)

Been bloody feeding near 8 week old since 7:30pm , constant on and off the bottle..then rooting for more..then spitting out bottle ...then screaming ...then rooting and feeding ...this process since 7:30!!!...its now 11pm..Anyone else's baby doing this. I'm thoroughly peeed off and my right shoulder is in agony. He's been doing this since about a week ago. I never have a bottle out my hand!!

One possibility could be teat size. Are you still using size 1? My LO was similar to yours at the same age. He'd take around 2oz then fuss with the rest for ages. Someone on here recommended trying size 2 teats as LO could be getting bored with the slow flow. I bought some size 2 and straight away his feeding improved enough that he took the whole bottle each time.

However some babies are just snackers. My LO is 5 months now and never gone longer than 3 hours between bottles during the day.

Gbobs reasoning could be correct. The teat may be too slow which is frustrating him and making it difficult for him to feed.

Other things to try (other ladies have suggested as well):

1. A dummy, he may just want the comfort of sucking on something.
2. Could be gas, try burping often
3. Reflux could be an issue, if the above isn't helping, make an appointment with the doc. A dummy also helps with reflux as well.
4. Maybe the milk could be an issue?

Otherwise it may just be a growth spurt.

I hope it gets better for you soon!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->