Help, exposed to raw chicken.

Starlight32

Reaction score
My husband cooks/eats chicken. He is "unsure" if he cleaned the plate/knife he used well. We use the same utensils etc :cry: so scared

Im sure Youll be fine the only risk is food poisoning/samonella so unless you become ill, youre fine. It would be unlikely from use of a knife, you'd have to be really unlucky to get any kind of illness from it, just tell him to not do it again lol

If you'd caught anything from raw chicken, you'd have much more than a tummy ache. You're probably just nervous about it and it's giving you symptoms. Honestly, don't worry about it! Yes, it's safest to stay away from raw or undercooked chicken but that doesn't mean any contact with raw chicken will make you ill. Chances are the chicken was completely fine so wouldn't harm you, even if your partner didn't wash up properly.

There are many things to be careful of in pregnancy but there's no need to be scared really. Overall, the chances of anything happening are very low, even if you didn't take precautions. Of course we still do, to be as safe as possible but "breaking the rules" once or twice isn't likely to harm you or baby.

You would only get salmonella poisoning if the raw chicken had it, most chooks are vaccinated i think, same as majority of eggs these days aswell, im sure your fine hun,

I handle raw chicken every day, it's one of the only things my kids will eat. I'm sure you'll be fine. I've had food poisoning twice in my life and you definitely know when you have it, it's excruciating cramps in your gut, vomiting and just feeling like you'd rather be dead. I got it about 2 years ago (not from chicken) and got my OH to take me to hospital, I felt so dreadful.

I though listeria was in raw chicken too?

My stomach hurts but no vomiting.

You've had three alarmist posts about your belly being hit, chicken, and water tasting weird...I too suffer from anxiety and I would contact your doctor or midwife to see if they could refer you to talk to someone. <3 :hugs:

i think your tummy hurts due to your anxiety rather than to a food poisoning. if you really had food poisoning it would be way WAY worse than just a tummy ache, as pps said.

I also think you are showing signs of anxiety, I know how that is as I have had PTSD for the last year, anxiety is a life sucking leech. It might pay to find someone you can talk to xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->