Help,first trimester bleeding!!!

pesarik

Reaction score
Ok, last month on 16th I had light bright red bleeding. After two weeks not feeling well I toop home test. Faint positive showed up. So I thought oh well no more bleeding for me. I was wrong,today 7th which is way earlier than I get my period,bright red bleeding mainly when I go urinate. And severe back pain, with my last pregnancy I had severe uti which caused back pain,but no bleeding. Anyone experienced this,advice? :cry:

If you are 5-6 weeks is actually totally common to have bleeding. If you are concerned i would bring it up with your dr or obgyn.

Could it be a chemical pregnancy? Sometimes you'll get a faint positive test and your period will come immediately after, usually later than normal. I would try another test and see if it is still positive. Good luck, hun!

If its a chemical there would be severe cramping and not back ache. And it would be a very heavy bleed. So i dont think its a chemical.

Ok,so bleeding is normal in first trimester? With my last pregnancy I have bleeding due to ivf twins. That pregnancy I lost. This one is natural conception. Thank you for the response,helps to ease my worries. The bright red sometimes odd faint pink is not enough to fill pad. Tried putting tampon in and it hurt. Do you know what causes the bleeding in 1st trimester?

I took the test after my light 2 day"period" last month. Now this month due on 16th,spotting bright red on 9th. But mainly when I go to bathroom. Last pregnancy I have UTI, that cause same pain,back,needing to go ALOT,burning. Could UTI cause the bleeding?

There is a wide variety of things that cause the bleeding...but most who have slight bleeding in the first tri go on to have healthy babies. Sometimes the bleeding in unexplainable. A common cause often is after having sex or if the cervix gets irritated. Yeah if its mainly when wiping then it doesnt seem to be a cause for concern. If it continues then i would call your dr to book a scan just to check up on things. Uti's can definitely cause possible bleeding as it can easily irritate the cervix. But if its not hurting to pee then i highly doubt its another uti. And im not surprised it hurt trying to put in a tampon as the inside is all swollen from the extra flow of blood.

If your bleeding is not heavy I wouldn't worry too much if it becomes heavy I'd go to my nearest EPU or emergency unit, and ask to be checked over, bleeding is quiet common in pregnancy I had (not heavy tho) bleeding @ 4 weeks, 8 weeks & 11 weeks mine I think was due to a small hemorrhage next to babies sac ( I know this due to scans ) that was my results at 8 weeks hence the bleeding/spotting it wasn't too much but I was worried and it was everytime I wiped after toilet, my scan at 11 weeks showed no more bleeding so she reckons the little bleed I had at 11 weeks was the last of the hemorrhage coming away, that's what was causing my bleeding hun, but it could be caused by a few things sorry if personal but did you have sex? That can cause you to spot, maybe your cervix got irritated and made it bleed a little? Could be break through bleeding, like I say hun if your really worried I'd contact doc or midwife or EPU unit, hopefully it's nothing hun good luck, do try to rest & take it easy :) xx

Thank you for response,you had bleeding with twins? I have not had a scan yet but wonder if maybe that's why I am bleeding as well. Yes I did have sex,and spotted after that. Also spotted before sex, when I go to bathroom. Blood in toilet like red. Very scary. I am just hoping for the best. Bleeding has stopped now. So who knows. I will find out when I go to dr,I am only 5 weeks so there would not be much they could do this early. Congrats on your angels!

Thank you, really makes me feel better,knowing it may be ok. I am so early in pregnancy about 5 weeks. Will make dr apt. and should get answers then. I just do not want to go in to early also dreading possible bad news...

Yeah it seems that its quite common for bleeding at 5weeks...i had it at 5.5 weeks and ive read up many many others have at that time too.

I had bleeding around 5 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy. It followed a sharp pain i had that was pretty bad. I immediately thought miscarriage as i had just had one 4 months before that. But it was just one time a couple drops of bright red. Waiting several days to do a scan to look for her heartbeat was no fun, but she had one at 6 weeks 3 days as well as a subchorionic hemorrhage that was 4 cm long! That was a scary first trimester, but my little Gia turned 4 years old Sunday! Never give up hope. I will pray for you hun!

I had Bleeding from 6 weeks and it got really Heavy and it stopped last week, I had scans and internal's all shown that baby was growing and Happy... No cause for the Bleeding im now 10 weeks plus x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->