Help for keeping newborn dry at night

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
Hi girls, our little one is 9lbs 6oz (how he's grown since birth less than 4wks ago!) and we seem to be in an interim period for nappies, so the ones he's using might be a little on the small side but the next size up is too big for his thighs to fill the holes:)

We're using Tushies when we feel we have to use disposables, and then we're using Bambino Mio cloth nappies with fleece liner and plastic wrap for all other times. Suddenly, both sorts seem to be getting really wet at night, to the point that Monty is waking because he's wet rather than because he's hungry (very frustrating!).

I wonder whether anybody has any tips for helping us keep Monty dry for longer at night? We're going to try some boosters, although I've looked at the ones we have and to be honest they don't look like they'll do much - they're just shaped bits of cloth and really not very chunky at all.

Thanks, girls xx

The boosters we have for Imi just look like little bits of material but they really do help, especially being bamboo as they are very absorbant. I hate to say it, but it could just be your nappies. Mios have the most bad reviews out of all the cloth nappy reviews i've read and kushies aren't that far behind! :(

How often do you change LO at night?

At first, Leyla was waking every two or three hours so we could use cloth fairly easily. Then she grew a bit and we were in the same situtation as you, with her nappies either being too small or a bit big, plus she started sleeping for longer so we were only changing her every five hours or so. I tried all of the different nappies we have (quite a lot!) and couldn't find one that worked well enough so we resorted to using disposables at night. That was probably four weeks ago. Now though, she's grown into the next size of nappies properly so I'm just plucking up courage to try her in cloth overnight again! Could that be an option for you? Find a brand of disposables that work for you (supermarkets all seem to do their own eco brand as well as them being available online) and just wait until your LO fits the bigger cloth nappies. Although you'd be using disposables, it'd only be one or two a day. With disposables I've been buying ones where she's right at the lower end of the weight range so they seem to fit in an awful lot of wee!

Oh and I agree about the boosters. I've recently started adding a tesco microfibre cleaning cloth folded up to Leyla's nappies. They're really thin so don't add much bulk but they make the nappy last at least an hour or two longer.

I've been using tots bots bamboozles at night since Imi was in cloth and they will fit her for a long time yet, only thing that has changed is wrap size :) She can easily go 10 hours in these and has on occasion gone for 12 hours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->