Help for my SIL - Opks and irregular cycles

lesondemavie

Mama to 2 rainbows & 4 Angels
Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother's wife is having a hard time since coming off of bcp and I feel like I'm no help at all. I've had my own challenges (see my sig) but I always get super dark opks each cycle, and my cycles have been pretty regular. Maybe some of you have gone through what she's going through and can help?

Her LMP was around 1/25 and she has what she thought was a +opk on 2/8. Turns out she never gets a dark as or darker than control opk, so I'm unclear as to whether or not it was really positive. She's convinced it was though bc it was about as dark as the last cycle and AF came right on time then. Well fast forward to today, lots of BFNs and no AF in sight. She just recently started bbt, and her temps are around 97, which is in the pre-O range for me. I'm thinking maybe she geared up to O but didn't. I really don't think there's anyway her LP would be that long, and with the BFNs and temp combined pregnancy seems unlikely. What are your thoughts? Anyone else go through something like this?

Thanks for your help in advance!

So nice of you trying to lend a hand to her!
It's tough but I don't think you can compare your post ovulation temps to her temps as these things really do vary.
Is she taking OPKs correctly ie most say not FMU and also doing a few a day nearing ovulation incase she misses the surge?

If her period was at end of Jan and she not had either AF or a positive pregnancy test I'd say her cycles are probably still 'off' from birth control.
If I were her I'd keep charting everything temp OPK and keep BDing every other day or couple of days and hopefully things even out soon.

How long has she been off birth control for? I hear it can really take a while to even out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->