Help! Glucose test...results

Mme2kdee

Reaction score
Hi all
I took my 1hr glucose test last week and failed. I took my 3hr glucose Monday and just got my labs back online yesterday morning. I failed the fasting and 1hr and then passed the 2 and 3hr. After my research, I show if you fail more than 1 you fail overall and are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. My doctor and nurse have yet to call me about the results....I am a bit worried as baby girl was measuring 4 weeks ahead of schedule last appt (last week) and i see now it is probably due to the gestational diabetes....
Would you be "that person" and call the doctors office and ask what next? I feel like a pain in the rear if I were to jump the gun and call but I am just worried about my little one and want to fix whatever needs to be fixed ASAP to make sure she is healthy and I am healthy.

Of course you should call!! Don't feel like you are bothering them, or being "that girl" I hate that people have to feel that way, although we all do it. This is your child we are talking about. The doctor is there for you, you pay him (a lot) to be there to care for you and you precious baby, it is his job to be there for you and to answer your questions <3 Good Luck hun :hug:

I have never heard that about failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 means you have gd. That happened to me both times I was tested in my last pregnancy and they never said I had gd. To my MW a pass was a pass, didn't matter if it was the 1 or 3 hour test. If your research is correct then what is the point in having you take the 3 hour test in the first place? Would seem a waste of time if no matter the result you would be diagnosed as having gd. But I agree you should call to be sure. If for no other reason than peace of mind. Who cares what they think. It's your babies health that matters.

I have never heard that about failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 means you have gd. That happened to me both times I was tested in my last pregnancy and they never said I had gd. To my MW a pass was a pass, didn't matter if it was the 1 or 3 hour test. If your research is correct then what is the point in having you take the 3 hour test in the first place? Would seem a waste of time if no matter the result you would be diagnosed as having gd. But I agree you should call to be sure. If for no other reason than peace of mind. Who cares what they think. It's your babies health that matters.

I think she meant that she failed 2 out of the 4 blood draws during the 3hour test.

I think she meant that she failed 2 out of the 4 blood draws during the 3hour test.

Oh okay that makes more sense. Sorry. :dohh: :blush:

I'd call. But in the meantime, if you are knowledgeable about nutrition, you can always start on a reduced carbs diet. To give you an idea, my coworker has GD and she can have 30g of carbs in the morning, 30g at lunch and 45 at dinner. A slice of bread has 15g. I'm not saying everyone is prescribed the same diet, but the principle is generally the same. Fats and protein are ok, but limit carbs. If I were in your position I'd try to cut down on carbs as much as possible until they prescribe you a personalized diet and give you the instruments to measure your blood sugar.

Call if you like. Just let them know you are worried. I got diagnosed with Gestational diabetes, I passed the first hour but failed the second hour, only just. I should have had a result 7.9 or less and I got a result of 8.0 'rolls eyes' I probably should have walked to the toilet and I would have been fine. I'm also measuring a bit big.. by 2 weeks. Although they don't take into account your own body fat or that the due date may be incorrect, when measuring. Only way to really tell if baby is big is with an ultrasound. I'm booked in for one of those on Monday.

I really wouldn't be to worried everything is very manageable. Your baby will be fine and you will be fine. Its such a common thing now. If you like in the meantime, cut down on your carbs and sugar intake. I just hard to cut out juice from my diet. That was it.

What were your results for the fasting results were they over or under. I failed the fasting blood draw of my 3 hour because my glucose was to low -.- like really but passed my 1st and 2nd hour. Call your dr I nagged mind till the results were in I was so worried after failing the 1 hour! Better to know what you should be doing !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->