help help help (ranting sorry!)

MrS. MaBrEy

Homeschool mom of 2
Reaction score
i have 2 dogs, a pug/mutt mix, and a chihuahua/min pin mix, and they are normally really good about going outside to go potty. My husband left for military basic training and for financial reasons i decided to move back in with my parents to save and pay off debt. THEY WILL NOT STOP PEEING IN THE HOUSE!!!! everytime i turn around they are lifting a leg NO JOKE! they will come in from going outside and lift a leg! :wacko::wacko::wacko: my parents are saying they want me to get rid of them because of this...and i just will not do that...they are my babies and i have had them for 3 years now, im not just going to get rid of them because they are having a hard time adjusting to living here! any suggestions for how to break this behavior?? and fast!

Oh this sounds like a nightmare for you and your furbabies! It sounds to me like they're are most definitely stressed at the move and aren't quite sure of the boundaries of the new house.

If you have a wee bit of money to spare, Vets sell little plugins that go into your socket and release dog pheromones. This can have a calming affect on them and encourages good behaviour in a new stressful environment. Also, alot of positive reinforcement on the outside potty trips. Take a couple of nibbles out with you and reward them for going in the right place. Something else that helped me was having a tin, putting some small stones in it and sealing it. Everytime the dogs lift their leg in the house, quickly shake the tin. It brings about a startle reaction associated with going potty in the house. The most important things are consistency and positive reinforcement. It may feel a little like retraining your dogs again, but they will pick up the rules quickly and no doubt, knowing their boundaries will make them less stressed as a result.

Once they start the marking it's really hard for them to stop again. Are they castrated ?

If it was me I would invest in a small crate and go back to basics again as if you were crate training a pup. They'll soon pick up they need to be doing their business outside

crate is the way i decided to go, it is just really hard on them. I am gone sometimes 10-12 hours at a time and i prefer them to be on a runner but they just get used to going when they want to go when i did it that way, so they are back to being crated if i am not home...my parents wont let them out so sometimes they are in there for extremely long hours at a time, and i feel guilty :cry: but it is only for a few months and i am taking them out and walking them, talking to them, and spending time when im at home, so i guess the best i can do is the best i can do!:thumbup:

you could also try male dog diapers they look like this https://www.natural-pet-care.com/natural-pet-health-blog/wp-content/uploads/pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/shop_image/product/6e63fbb33028e7d693dd52fdb71b64ab.jpg

you could also try male dog diapers they look like this https://www.natural-pet-care.com/natural-pet-health-blog/wp-content/uploads/pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/shop_image/product/6e63fbb33028e7d693dd52fdb71b64ab.jpg

:rofl: sorry rome but that made me giggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->