Help - how to stop people touching bump!

shell96

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help with this please?

I am 21 weeks pregnant and have started feeling my baby move around a bit and i know that soon(ish) my fiance will be able to feel it move from the outside as well. My concern is that when this happens other people are going to want to feel it too and i am really reluctant to let people touch me. i have always been paranoid about my stomach and until i got pregnant never let my fiance touch it. It's even taken me until just recently to get comfortable with him touching the bump. already my sister in law comes up and touches my stomach any time i see her with no warning or asking if it's ok and i can just about handle it if i have lots of clothes on but i know that my step daughter (who is v v excited about the baby) will want to feel it kick and although we get on, we're not particularly close and i'm just not comfortable having skin to skin contact with people.

I never wanted to touch my sisters bump when she was pregnant recently and i even remember touching my mum's bump when whe was pregnant with brother years ago and not liking it at all and i dont really want people touching mine.

Should i just grin and bear it when people want to touch or is it ok to ask them not to? I dont want to disappoint my step daughter and my sister in law is easily offended so what do i do?

To be honest love, your stomach is now no longer your own! Not only is it housing a small person, it has also become a magnet to all those twitching hands that will be around you!

I always said I'd smack anyone who felt it was thier right to touch me without permission, but in reality, I seem to have just given in! I was thinking about getting one of those 'hands off' t-shirts...

https://www.nappyhead.co.uk/acatalog/donotouchthebump.html ;)

Thank you!!!! I've been looking for one of those! (I think it's a bit late for me now though :()

Lol! Thinking it might be worth investing in one myself :D

i love people touching my bump, means they really care, only my close friends have done it anyway, wouldnt like a stranger doing it though ewww. i'd tap their hand if the did. it kind of comes with the terriotory i suppose and i've just accepted it
xx

Ive got a top similar to the one on nappyheads that says "hands off the bump" i got it from New Look.

Although i must say im not really bothered by people touching my bump, unless its a complete random stranger of course

Tbh, I'd be having words with your SIL if it were me, no one should be touching you without asking first.

Only other way to try and be discreet is maybe put your hand on your stomach first when you see hers coming towards you??

As for your step daughter, thats a bit harder, not sure what to suggest, sorry. x

I used to be a bit like this.....I don't mind my step-daughter touching it, but then again, she always asks first....

With adults, someone suggested to me that if they feel your stomach, do the same back to them!!!! :rofl: Might suprise them, and make them realise it's not very polite to just start touching you!!!

I hate it too. I just tend to keep my hands on my bump myself if people come round that will try and touch it. That seems to work and it's pretty discreet too. :) x

I never really had this problem before. I think i must give off a 'touch my bump and die' vibe/look or something lol

I can honestly say, apart from my mum and hubby, no one has ever tried to touch my bump, lol. Must be the vibes!!!

Almost want someone to touch it now! :dohh:

God it pisses me off so much!! Only family do it, bu they just randomly come up, and my one aunt full on rubs hard up and down really fast im like ffs love back off!!

It realy pisses me off i hate anyone touchin my bump!

If a stranger has the gall to touch my bump, I touch them back. It's amazing how fast a nosy woman will remove her hand when she sees yours coming towards her spare tire!

I used to growl at people! But to be fair i worked in a busy hospital ward where there was alot of the patients had MRSA or Cdif and i had been told if i got either of these it would be bad news for my baby, and also i just didn't want to be touched. So i either growled at people if they had already been asked not to touch me, or politely asked them to back the hell off.
I thought i would be someone who enjoyed having my bump cooed over, but i really wasn't, i think it's your body and therefore your choice, if your not comfy hon, stick to your guns, with step daughter, maybe you could get her to ask first, or maybe have like a routine say like having 5 mins quiet time on a sunday for her to bond with the baby, just a thought though x

In the pregnancy book I am reading it explains why other women touch bumps. Its for the same reason as we rub our own bump - it's a woman's instinct to do this as it reassures the baby. Women can't help it, this is something that it very natural and will soothe your little one.

Once I understood why, it made me feel better about the whole thing. Now I really like it.

Hope this helps xx

I want to smack some people, I mean hormonal and all... my SIL was all touchy last time I saw her and it was akward :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->